News | Forum | People | FAQ | Links | Search | Register | Log in
Mapping Help
This is the place to ask about mapping problems, techniques, and bug fixing, and pretty much anything else you want to do in the level editor.

For questions about coding, check out the Coding Help thread:
First | Previous | Next | Last
in trenchroom, I made a button and set its target for one door but it opens all doors on the map. what do? 
That means all your doors probably have the same targetname.:D 
will I have to name all of my doors? because the other ones being triggered don't have names 
will I have to name all of my doors? because the other ones being triggered don't have names 
nvm, that just stopped the door from opening automatically. I'm looking at all my entity links and none of them go to the irrelevant doors, only to the ones I told it to go to. 
and it only happens with a button, not the trigger_multiple I have already 
it also triggers doors with different names?? 
Set The Don't Link Spawnflag On The Doors 
that didn't work, but it broke my unnamed door :L 
it's weird, whenever I change any properties on my unnamed door it just totally stops working 
here are my button's properties. maybe it's something to do with the button. 
Please try and avoid the triple posting.

What do the door properties look like? 
O, sorry.
and here are the doors (four doors that sink into the ground) targeted by the button
keep in mind it's also triggering a pair of doors named "d2" 
The two groups of doors are too close too each other.

Add "dont link" to the D2 doors as well. Remove that Wait of 0. just remove the Wait key entirely. No need for it if youre also using the Toggle flag, as far as i can tell. 
oh and do "r_showbboxes 1" in the console and youll see the trigger volumes and such. This should make the problem a bit more evident. 
I've tried adding "don't link" on all the doors.
I did a video just so you can see exactly what's going on.
there are 3 sets of doors, the four downward-moving doors (d1); the doors above d1, which the player gets launched up through (d2); and the unnamed door which is off to the right and there's nothing special about it.

I've tried creating a new single func_door away from the others with no changed properties, and it still opened.
I've also deleted and redone the button to make sure I didn't accidentally change a property.

if it turns out to be something really simple I goofed up on plz don't laugh at me ok?? <:l 
Maybe upload the .map? 
Remove the blank "target" and "wait" from the d1 doors for starters.

But, beyond that...the issue isnt happening for me when I compile the .map. The button only opens d1. I didnt change anything either. 
Ha Ha Hi Hi Ho Ho 
yep that did it! I didn't realize the unnecessary target and wait would do anything. mystery solved, we can all go home now 
no dont go home. go map. 
Are there any good beginner resources around?

GTKRadiant, NetRadiant, and Trenchbroom seem to be the most popular editors, and ericw-tools seems to be the current suggested toolchain for compilation, but all the documentation and stuff I've found seems 
Dang Accidental Post assume that you know what you're doing, which I really don't.

Sorry about the halfpost, interface bugged out. 
Re: 19413/19414: Beginner Resources 
This might help to get you started with the very basics: 
Make Sure And Register 
...for this site so we know who you are. :) Maybe prepare a list of specific questions you have too. We'll be happy to answer.

JACK is also a popular editor for those with Valve/GoldSrc/Worldcraft experience:

I use TB2 and can answer questions. Also Terrfusion on Discord is a good real-time resource as well. 
Nobody Has To Register If They Don't Want To 
and it's not a prerequisite for asking questions. 
It Should Be 
I smell shrimp 
Shit is arguably better than shrimp. 
...was simply a friendly suggestion. Not a demand. You know, to get to know someone in a more personable way? 
Nope, But You Do Have To Register If You Want To Post Abuse 
and it's a prerequisite for trolling (i.e. some form of accountability). 
@dumptruck_ds: Yeah, I get that. :) Of course registering has its benefits, but it should be the person's own choice, and I thought the way you phrased it, it sounded a bit like a demand/pressure/prerequisite.

In any case, my comment was directed more at whoever posted the question in 19413/19414, than at you. People may have various valid reasons for not wanting to register and sign up, and it would be a shame if they feel pressured to register and then stay away completely as a result.

And (re: #19424/Shambler) of course I'm talking about people asking for mapping help, contributing knowledge, etc. and not about trolls/people posting abuse. I can understand the argument there, although there are plenty of people happy to troll and post abuse while logged in anyway. So I'd argue that even then, whether or not someone is registered or logged in is irrelevant: just don't be a troll and don't be abusive. 
can a mod delete / move the above BS into the beef thread?

It would be nice if any visitors coming here wouldn't be greeted with this as their first experience here. 
Would if I could. I think there's no beef here now tho. All good. 
how do I get spike traps to shoot more/less frequently? 
ah nvm, got it (it's 'wait') 
Bit Of A Technical Question Here 
Been trying to get my head around the Valve220 map format.

What's the point of the "rotation" field?

There's a not-particularly-clear description of it on that page, but I still don't get why it's required when you already have two vectors defining the "right" and "up" of the texture.

Possibly related, but in Netradiant, if I do a fractional texture rotation (e.g. 13.6 or whatever), only the integral part (13) gets saved to the "rotation" field in the .map, yet the extra precision is not being discarded, because it's generating different "right" and "up" vectors, compared to if I just rotated it by the integer 13.

It's almost like the "rotation" field is just for show, but why? 
Rotation Field 
It's a cheat. Rather than the editor (JACK or Hammer only) having to calculate the relative rotation of the texture UV space every time it loads a face into a brush, it merely calculates this during save and puts it into the .vmf

At least U think thats what it's for. Old Worldcraft 3.3 needed some hackery if I recall to read it. Whoever did the WC3.3 patch might know for sure. 
That field stores the knob position of the Hammer UI. It's not used by qbsp when compiling the map.

I guess the reason it was done this way is, you can rotate the brush with texture lock on, and this won't cause the texture rotation knob in the UI to change on its own. 
Knobs And Things 
interesting cheers, so it's pretty irrelevant. 
what's a good method to creating arches that match up with the arch textures? in JACK I would use the primitives and CSG but that was funky sometimes and TB doesn't have those functions at all. 
derp. a description would probably be nice:

theres an arch tutorial for Trenchbroom. 
_bounce In Ericw-tools 
Is there a way to control/turn off the bounce lighting specifically on _sunlight and _sunlight2? 
Not At The Moment Afik 
but it's a good suggestion! 
Thank You, Love Your Tools 
Engine Question 
Is there any difference in physics whatsoever between a trigger that was created in the editor as a brush model, and a trigger that was spawned dynamically in the QC? I'm guessing the answer's "no", but wanted to double-check. 
no. either way, solid_trigger is an aabb. the shape you set in the editor is irrelevant, only the bbox extents are meaningful.
so one uses setmodel and then discards the model, the other can just directly use setsize. same result. 
Nice One 
That's the answer I was expecting and indeed hoped for. Cheers :) 
Colored Lighting 
Working on some colored lighting in a map. I had been tinkering around with the Arcane Dimensions stuff, and left those settings on when I originally setup the lights. My lights look really good in AD. Later, when playing the map in Quakespasm with no mod, I noticed the colored lights are pretty crappy by comparison, and I'm not sure if its a matter of settings or if Arcane Dimensions just had a different lighting setup than Quakespasm can do on its own. I feel like there's a setting I'm missing or something, perhaps a rendering setting in the engine I need set in the config?

Shabby Lighting
Screenshot 1 with Quakespasm:
Screenshot 2 with Quakespasm:

Pretty Lighting
Screenshot 1 with Quakespasm + AD mod:
Screenshot 2 with Quakespasm + AD mod:

Bonus Question: Does Arcane Dimensions mod always use the new health and ammo models or is there a way to tell it (in map settings) to use the classic models?

Client: Quakespasm v0.93.0 x64
Editor: J.A.C.K. 1.1.1064 64bit 
Skip Textures 
I created these for the video tutorials I am working on. Not pretty but you may find them useful.

Link on Quaketastic

Problem Adding Textures 
Hello, I'm having difficulties setting up textures in trenchbroom. I have followed instructions and added Texture compilations WADs, but the textures doesnt show up in the I missing something here? 
Problem Adding Textures 
I noticed I get the following error message when adding a WAD:

Could not load palette file 'gfx\palette.lmp': File not found: 'gfx\palette.lmp' 
Quake path not set? 
click "face" right up screen, aside Map Entity.
texture browser +
Add texture wad set path
Has to be your Quake directory. As Pyro said. 
I don't think there's anything different lighting-wise in AD, or at least there shouldn't be given lighting is baked into the map, and a quick look at the documentation file and configs doesn't show anything. Normally if you're getting issues with colored lighting, it's due to the engine not supporting it so it either doesn't show up at all or shows up as standard white lights, but you've clearly still got some kind of color going on in the standard QS screenshots. I tried replicating it with multiple lights overlapping, different light values/types, etc. and couldn't get that 'colored outline' effect, would you mind uploading the map (and your own compiled .bsp) to see if the same thing happens to others?

Bonus Question: Does Arcane Dimensions mod always use the new health and ammo models or is there a way to tell it (in map settings) to use the classic models?
AD always uses its new models IIRC; there's a couple variants including a metal-sided style based off the id1 boxes (the same way AD includes updated weapon world models, enemy models, etc) but they're normally limited to the base worldtype, being replaced by the wood-sided boxes and health potions in medieval/runic. Glancing at the qc files shows there's a skin_override key available for both health and ammo entities that you can use to force one model or the other though, so give that a whirl. 
Trenchbroom Error / Help 
Hey guys. First-time mapper here working on a, hopefully, exciting map that I'm eager to finish and release. I've been working on it daily for the last 7 days and learning as I go. I'm having an issue, however, that maybe someone could help me with? So the level is coming along and I'm moving into a new section. It's at the end of a hallway and then I'm trying to make a path to the left. Everything compiles right with that new path but when I extend it to make it longer, there is an error compiling. It says "Mixed face contents in leafnode near (835.43 -192.00 72.00)" and I sort of know what that means as I've had to fix those kinds of errors before. Problem with this one is this hallway, floor, etc are not bumping into anything, are connected properly, and all that. There's literally nothing for it to run into so I'm not sure what's happening. Any ideas? 
Error (cont) 
Run into meaning sky and wall, for example. That's where I saw that error before was when my sky was encroaching on some walls. Cleared it right up after editing it a little but this error I'm having currently is really confusing the hell out of me. I don't know why the new section will compile right when it's a small size and then cause everything to screw up when I extend it a few meters down. I've tried building other stuff in that area and it seems that there is a point of no return kind of deal going on. 
It's for Quake 1, if that matters. 
That's usually something you get when you have a face with sky texture touching a face with some kind of liquid texture, or a trigger. Sure there's not something like that going on? 
Yeah, I'm almost certain. I do have a skybox in one section but fixed all the problems there and never had any more issues until this hallway part which is a good distance away from the skybox. I've narrowed it down to the point I can't go past as well and there's nothing in the way whatsoever. If I extend it even one small block it won't compile. Really frustrating. 
Deleted the skybox completely and tried it and still won't compile so can narrow that out at least. 
Oh weird. Fixed it but still not sure why it was a problem. I constructed a little table in the hallway and made a shiny gold necklace on it and used zoomed in lava for the gem part to give it a cool glow. This didn't cause any problems prior either but I just deleted it and now I can keep going with the hallway. Weird. I wonder why it would work to a certain distance and then stop considering the necklace is also away from the place I'm now building. You did help me though. You said "liquid texture" and it gave me the idea to delete it and see what happens. Thanks, man. Woo! Was getting worried for a second. 
Bummer about the necklace though. It looked awesome. 
Maybe with some screenshots of how you've set things up people will have some ideas of what could be going wrong. 
I've had "bad geometry" cause leaks before but never got that mixed face error. It sounds like you had lava just on one face of the brush in this case. Maybe a custom full fright texture would have a similar effect? You can probably use something from the prototype wad here: 
Yeah it's all sorted now anyway so no worries. I'll come back to the necklace when I finish everything and see if it goes through. Are these leaks you mention a major problem? I've seen some leaks pop up during compiling but I'm still able to play the level and all that so I figured it wasn't a huge deal. 
I'm liking those textures. Thanks man. 
Trenchbroom Compilation Question 
Hello, I started to use Trenchbroom and had a problems with compilation so I found some guides covering the newest version of Trenchbroom that lead me on right direction though did'n help at all. So I referred to Trenchbroom's manual pic named "Compilation Dialogue" and my map seems to compile just fine with qbsp.exe. So I tried to compile using other tools, again referring to mentioned manual pic and just don't understand what shoud I type instead of ${CPU_COUNT-1}. Please help 
Could you upload a screenshot of what your compile UI looks like? And what tools are you trying to use? 
sorry I don't know how to upload that. in manual pic everithing that has ${} thingies must be replaced with directory of the game or folder with map and I have no clue what I should replace the ${CPU_COUNT-1} with. In output it tells me: Could not interpolate expression '-threads ${cpu_count-1} mymap.bsp': Cannot subtract value '1' of type 'Number from value 'undefined' of type 'Undefined' 
Just Leave CPU Count Alone? 
From the manual:

CPU_COUNT | Tool | The number of CPUs in the current machine.

Usually we just set path's for compilation. 
Mixed face contents is where you have a mix between the 3 face types in Quake: world, water, sky. Never have a brush with water on kne side, world on another. Or sky mixed with water, etc. 
Triggering Monsters (Quake 1) 
Hey dudes. Me again. I'm trying to set a trigger on nailgun pickup that summons two demons at the end of the room but I'm unsure of how to do this exactly. I've set up a room apart from the map that they'll teleport from but that's about it. I've been experimenting with the trigger functions and just can't figure it out. The manual does not seem to cover this topic and google isn't yielding much. 
Additional Question (not Too Important) 
While I'm here I figured I'd ask another question: is there any way to see how my lighting will work in the editor itself? I have to compile and run the level every time I make adjustments and it's starting to take a while. 
Triggering Monsters (Quake 1) 
For teleporing monsters via trigger once.

1. Make some monsters and place in into "trigger_teleport" brushes. Each monster in separate "trigger_teleport" entity. All teleport entities must have one targetname.
2. Add some teleport destinations - one "info_teleport_destination" for one "trigger_teleport", and connect it one to one.
3. Connect your "trigger_once" to "trigger_teleport" ents. 
Spawn a monster in. (I know you've done some of this but for others:)

How to teleport in a monster upon triggering something:

1. make an area outside your playable level and place your your monster
2. make a brush with the trigger texture that covers the center of the monster.
3. right click and make the trigger brush into a trigger_teleport give it a targetname (i.e. monster1) and a different target (i.e. dest1)
4. place a info_teleport_destination where you want the monster to teleport to give that the targetname of the target in step 3 (in this case dest1)
5. set your trigger (in your case above it's picking up a nailgun) the target of the nailgun should match the trigger_teleport targetname in #3 (monster1.)
6. make sure you keep track of your targetname and targets - it's easy to get these confused. Just remember targets trigger targetnames in other entities

something to note: if you are spawning in two at the same time they need their own info_teleport_destination entities so they can share a targetname and be triggered at the same time but they each need their own separate target. If you use one destination they will telefrag each other! And you may want to add a key of delay and a value of 0.1 to the second monster so there is a tiny delay between their spawns. I recall this solving an issue before so try it if you see problems.

2. there's no real-time lighting preview right now in any of the editors. NetRadiant will show you a representation of the falloff of a light. ericw had hinted he might do an application that does realtime lighting preview at some point. Which would be instantly popular. 
@doomer is correct and I wasn't clear above. Each monster needs its own trigger brush and separate destination but they can share a targetname. Also I think you can just add a target to the nail gun instead of making a trigger_once. But if you wanted the monsters to teleport as you walk into a room then you'd make a trigger brush right click and make it a "trigger_once" Good luck!!! 
Awesome. Thanks guys. I love your levels and you're both big reasons why I started learning Trenchbroom. You guys, Sock, Ionous, Skacky, etc are incredible at this. 
Wow, that's very kind of you. I am currently working on video tutorials for Trenchbroom. You seem to figuring out thing on your own though! The first one will be out early next week. As time progresses there will be some advanced tuts you'll want to check out. I'll post here on fucn with links. 
Beautiful. Got it on the first shot as you guys explained it perfectly. Definitely looking forward to the tutorials. Thanks again, guys. You rock. 
Just To Be Safe 
I made a post about this, but I might have made a mistake with that. Here's what I wanted to ask:

I've been looking for a tutorial on the use of Jackhammer for a few hours now, but I can't seem to find anything. Is there a tutorial out there I can use to see what's up? 
If you can't find any tuts for JACK then you have some options that will get you close.

First, JACK is based on Valve's Hammer editor. You will find tutorials for Hammer out in the wild. There are many similarities between the programs. I believe JACK has more features but I haven't used it too much.

The other option is to use Worldcraft tutorials. JACK is based on Hammer which was based on Worldcraft and many concepts from Quake will carry over.

Good luck and consider trying TrenchBroom 2. I will be publishing a Quickstart video tutorial sometime this weekend (or before) and you may like what you see.

The tuts will be on my YT channel is here 
Artifacts In Q2 Sun/lightmap 
Hello guys, this is my first post here. It's interesting to finally have some reason to post here. I'm following func_msgboard for sometime, following all the cool maps and mods are being born here... Good stuff :)

Anyway, i decided to try something in Q2 engine. Right now, i'm having some problems when using _sun. Compiling with qrad3, i get this result:

it doesn't happen when i compile regular lights only, just when I use Sun... :/ Anyone have some idea? Thanks! 
Ah, Arghrad 
Arghrad solved my problem :D
back to work 
Scaling Models 
Is there a way to scale (prop) models easily? I have downloaded Preach's crane and helipad models from his site, and after placing them on my map in Trenchbroom they look so small, about the size of a cat. Quite endearing, actually. xD

Will I have to resort to some mdl editing in a separate editor? D: Guess I'm going down the deep end of Quake custom content creation, no more simple map making, huh? xD 
I usually just jump into QME here? and scale the model:

Of course, QME sucks ass and tends to mangle models if they look at it funny so... have fun? 
QME likes to break mdls. Should only be used to view models. :( you may get lucky tho. 
Mdl Scale 
Scale is defined by just one float in the .mdl binary file, I think (Can anyone confirm? Does anything else need to be tweaked other than this one float?)

If so, you could be able to just hax0r it with a hex editor. Preach - any ideas? 
Actually it's a vector of 3 floats

you'll probably want to scale bounding radius too. 
Yeah, you only need to change those 4 floats, so a hex editor will do the trick. If you prefer, you can install the qmdl python module then run the following script against the model.

from qmdl.helper import Helper

#read the model file
mymdl = Helper()
mymdl.mdl.scale = tuple ([i*4 for i in mymdl.mdl.scale])
mymdl.mdl.boundingradius = mymdl.mdl.boundingradius * 4
#save again"bigcrane.mdl")

This is multiplying the scale by 4, vary the value as required. 
It Worked! 
Thanks guys, you just keep helping out, no matter what I keep throwing at ya', AND always in a timely manner, might I add! :)

And for your information Preach, I used your script on a newer Python version 3.6.4. 
Adjusting Mdl Centerpoint 
I'm guessing it's model dependent, but I noticed that the larger I made the helipad, the further away the model diverged from the model entity (or is it in this case just a handle?) in Trenchbroom. Is there a centerpoint in the mdl I should adjust? Can it be done with qmdl or should I use something else? 
One of the quirks of the mdl format is that the model keeps the bottom left corner fixed when you rescale it, rather than the centre. If you add a line like

mymdl.mdl.origin = (-64 -64 -64)

after the mymdl.mdl.boundingradius line in the script from the previous point, you can specify the coordinates you'd like the bottom-left point to be at. Play around with the values! 
I figured it would be something like that. Thanks a heap for going through the trouble of helping me out! :) 
No Worries 
It's cool to see someone using it, I worried that it being a python module was a bit off-putting 
Func_train Question 
How to make train move through four path_corners? I named each correspondingly and gave paths corresponding direction. 
I made a sample map linked below. It's pretty easy to do as you'll see.

I made 4 path_corners. t1 - t4 make sure the target/targetnames are correct and that they close a "loop" - that's the part that people mess up on the most.

I don't think you need to specify a direction. I didn't in this case. Sorry for the weird name. Also you can use Quake101.wad or q.wad for the textures in this map. 
Thank you for your help! watched your tutorial on tuesday so thaks for that as well! 
You're very welcome. LMK if you have any requests for tutorials. :) 
Texture Wads 
New to mapping (thanks @dumptruck_ds) and wondering where everyone gets their textures?

For the moment I'm just looking for the default Q1 textures, but it'd be good to know where to get custom textures come from too. 
Here's A Start. 
Texmex will let you open a map/bsp and save as a wad 
Tex Mex 
Does TexMex have a homepage somewhere? Or is it just floating around, no longer developed. 
Looks Like Floating Out There 
Looks Like Floating Out There 
Guessing this one is the one people are using texmex_34 
This is more of an engine question but does quakespasm or vkquake support increasing the playback speed for animated textures using the +0, +1, +2 naming convention?

DP lets you circumvent this with Q3 shaders but i'm just curious if there's a more universal option for having an animated waterfall look smoother 
Not that I know of, but there's a tutorial on Preach's site about using func_wall's on-trigger function (switching texture between two sets) to double the framerate from 5FPS to 10 using two sets of premade textures. 
I Should Add.. 
That the method in the tutorial is a bit convoluted, because it describes how to get the effect in unmodified Quake. It would be much better to achieve the same effect with a simple mod that added QuakeC code to perform the switching between the textures. 
I'm Using Func_illusionaries 
So i guess i'll just deal with the low framerate.

I have another question/problem - I made a huge lift in my map that goes up slowly, it's a door -

It has items on it, but seemingly at random while the player is riding it he will get snagged on it and take damage, and send the lift back down.

Is there any reason for this/workaround? I know i could make it so you ride it down slowly instead of up, but I have to redesign it if i do that. I wanted to avoid using a func_train but if it's some sort of engine problem I'll switch.

I'm using quakespasm btw 
Wait What? 
I switched to a train and the collision does not match up with the position of the train - i tested in quakespasm and vkquake and it's broken in both, but oddly enough in darkplaces the collision of the train is correct

I have no idea what's going on 
Check for an "angle" or "angles" key on the func_train and delete it if there is one. 
I feel like a dope, that was it. Leftover from converting door > train

Check Your Server Fps Too 
Another thing that can cause weird physics glitches, like the one you had with your elevator, is setting the server fps too high in the config (default 72, if I recall correctly). When I use Quakespasm, setting it to 150 still seems to allow everything to work correctly. 
I Actually Kept Quakespasm Running At 72 Fps 
It still would happen. Sometimes the train gets caught too and does a point or 2 of damage but it's alright since it doesn't break the whole sequence 
I had the same stubborn func_plat that caused me headaches to solve.
Glad finding the solution here.

(for the the func_plat head) P: 
Lava Alpha 1 
It's been asked many times, but here I go. There is a worldspawn key to set the lava alpha for that particular level, right? Which one is that, again? 
Meet The "alpha's", Hehe (Hope This Is Correct) 

----- Alpha Options -----

water_alpha(string) : "Water Alpha" : : "Set the transparency of water (ex .70), which are brushes textured with a water(ex *04water) texture. This setting tranfers directly to the other 'liquid' types and teleporters, UNLESS you are using an engine that supports individual 'alpha's' for each(see below). NOTE - Defaults to the players own 'r_wateralpha' settings if no value is assigned."

lavaalpha(string) : "Lava Alpha" : : "Set the individual transparency of Lava, brush solids textured with a lava(ex *lava1) texture. Default inherits the 'water_alpha' setting. If 'water_alpha' is not set then it defaults to the players own 'r_wateralpha' setting."

slimealpha(string) : "Slime Alpha" : : "Transparency of Slime, works the same as 'lavaalpha' except for solids textured with a slime(ex *slime0) texture."

telealpha(string) : "Teleporter Alpha" : : "Transparency of Teleporters, works the same as 'lavaalpha' except for solids textured with a teleporter(ex *teleport) texture."

This works for me and I believe it to be accurate but if it is not, please let me know otherwise. 
I Forgot To Bold This... 
... and it threw me when I was testing:

IF 'water_alpha' is NOT set, then it defaults to the players own 'r_wateralpha' setting."

That means, that to set lavaalpha, it IS necessary to set a starting water_alpha to get the results you desire! 
Sorry For The Empty Post Above 
Is this Quakespasm? Do these work in other engines? 
Yes, Quakespasm. I just assumed it was a QS related question since it was a specific lava alpha question, maybe that was wrong?

I tested with DP, FTE, AD-MOD/QSS etc... I only remember I had mixed results, not the specifics to what each one did upon map load. 
Thanks, But 
I hope I can still set water_alpha 0.5 and lavaalpha 1, transparent water and opaque lava. Will try later. 
Water_alpha Is An AD Feature 
It works on any engine, but only with the AD mod.

Quakespasm and MarkV both support "_lavaalpha" and "_wateralpha" worldspawn keys. These work on any mod includong id1. This is relatively new (last 2 years ish) and not sure if any other engines recognize these keys. 
Really Wish I Could Edit My Post, Grrrr 
I should have used my modified version of Daz's FGD for reference, doh. I forgot the subtle differences.

Which has the correct entry for wateralpha, which is:

wateralpha(string) : "Water Alpha" : : "Set the overall transparency of liquids, default = (1.00)"

This I just tested with stock id1. No underscore needed at all?

Apologies for the confusion. 
Just checked MarkV and QS source, they will both accept underscore or no underscore. 
What About Telealpha For Mark V? 
In my map it's not recognizing it? 
MarkV Doesn't Seem To Support A Telealpha Key 
I think were technical reasons for not doing it.

Mark V has automatic underwater transparency detection (which isn't hard to implement, btw --- I told qbism how to do it and he added it qbism super8).

But the underwater transparency test cannot be applied to all teleporters because a small teleporter might not even materially affect vis.

Recommendation: Add automatic underwater transparency to Quakespasm (you'll like it) and then also remove support for tele-alpha.

Qbism added automatic underwater transparency to super8 because if a map isn't water-vised, honoring the user's r_wateralpha value (unless r_novis 1) is just silly looks horrible.

If you add automatic underwater transparency, you'll never see that ugliness ever again! 
4 posts not shown on this page because they were spam
First | Previous | Next | Last
Post A Reply:
Website copyright © 2002-2017 John Fitzgibbons. All posts are copyright their respective authors.