News | Forum | People | FAQ | Links | Search | Register | Log in
Industri Moves To D3
Over the Christmas break I started to move Industri over to the Doom 3 engine (from the Tenebrae 2 engine). I should have done this a long time ago. D3 is great for editing.

Anyway, there is a teaser video (in XviD format) and a few screen shots up on the main site: http://industri.sourceforge.net/
This Looks Really Cool. 
Will be looking forward to trying it out. Doom3 needs to get more dirty, and it was refreshing to see some new normalmapped textures for a change. 
Yep 
looks interesting. I liked the video too. 

whats been released of industri (in quake 1 ages ago) was very good, therefore im sad its going to Doom 3. But of course its understandable.

keep up the good work you started. 

gg tigger. Now I will sure play it.
Tenebrae is eww

BUT I really hope you will have some code changes to make gamepaly more quake-like 
Mmm 
Those textures are nice.

Very nice. 
Great Video 
That gizmo-doohickey on the left looks awesome. I like the grimy mood. How many new textures you got there? 
Yeah 
but o/t: this clicking sound in one of the foot step oggs is so unbelievable annonying in doom3... it must be a bug; at least it totally spoils the game. good thing, i replaced it right after noticing.
(was just reminded of it, because it's apparent in the trailer)

looking forward to industri btw, though it'll still take a long time i assume.. 
Some Answers 
Most of the textures are new. A number of them have come from shaderlab and a few from other Artist. Others I've put together from holidays in Crete and Japan and from some time I spent in Germany.

Not sure if I'll be changing the AI much, if at all. I'll have to wait and see if its needed first :]

I took the 'forced walk' and stanima out for a while, then I put it back in. I kind of like it now and it does add something to the game. I'll keep playing with it and see what I think works best. 
Post A Reply:
Name:
Title:
Body:
exclamation
idea
flame
noflame
error
skull
beer
moon
pent
rocket
sheep
pacman
pig
cheese
worldcraft
gauntlet
crate
pitfall
pimp
smile
cool
sad
frown
oi
yay
tongue
evil
wink
neutral
q1
q2
q3
ut
hl
cs
doom
dkt
serious
cube
Website copyright © 2002-2017 John Fitzgibbons. All posts are copyright their respective authors.