News | Forum | People | FAQ | Links | Search | Register | Log in
Jester With Another New Q2 DM
The ever proficient Jester has made another fine looking q2 dm called Palindromatic Visions. Screenshots here :

http://j-spot.planetquake.gamespy.com/jpal.html

Download here :

http://www.fileplanet.com/hosteddl.aspx?/hst/j/s/jspot/jpal.zip
Looks Nic As Usual 
nothing fancy architecture wise, but the texturing and lighting look first rate. 
Reminds 
me of Unreal tournament for some reason, but with q2 weapons :) Perhaps its the dark / purple gothic architecture that UT had in some maps.

Looks nice though, and lighting is cool :) 
Bigger Screens Please! 
Looks nice otherwise :) I don't have Q2 installed at the moment otherwise I'd comment on gameplay and stuff :( 
Yay! 
very impressive man! I immensely like your brushwork and the overall layout of the map.

I notice a trend in the Q2 mapping scene to make their maps look entirely _unlike_ Q2 :-) you guys are taking liberties in texture choice almost like Q1 mappers now.

Minor gripe with the texturing: Some texes (like the metal trim and the white strip lights) seem upscaled so much that they appear pixelated. Also, that brown metal trim looks perhaps a bit out of place (you used it like a wall texture.)

Tip: Take the textures you want upscaled, load them into GIMP and do it there. Much better results than blowing them up in the editor.

In general, I find that the Q2 engine does "gothic" themes less well than its Q1 counterpart, which is why most Q2 mappers in the past have stuck to Strogg Base/industrial/futuristic themes , using plain textures and 90 degree angles and putting most of the effort into brushwork. Which is what most people expect Q2 maps to look like. Of course the hi-tech weapons (in DM) and cyborg theme (in SP) don't really encourage "gothic" maps, either.

You have successfully pulled off something different, so congrats. 

I should specify,I meant the brown metal trim in the area next to the hyperblaster. 

nice maps :) 

Very smooth, very clean, I like the shots. 
Very Nice 
Reminds me of the painkiller 1v1 level Absinthe. 
Post A Reply:
Name:
Title:
Body:
exclamation
idea
flame
noflame
error
skull
beer
moon
pent
rocket
sheep
pacman
pig
cheese
worldcraft
gauntlet
crate
pitfall
pimp
smile
cool
sad
frown
oi
yay
tongue
evil
wink
neutral
q1
q2
q3
ut
hl
cs
doom
dkt
serious
cube
Website copyright © 2002-2017 John Fitzgibbons. All posts are copyright their respective authors.