News | Forum | People | FAQ | Links | Search | Register | Log in
Mapcore's Quake 3 15th Anniversary Contest Winners
Hey guys,

So we have announced the winners late last night. I've posted the top 3 below. For the complete overview go here.

1st Place:

Geotechnic
Tom "Phantazm11" Perryman

2nd Place:

Endurance
Greg "Flipout" Ward

3rd Place:

Goldleaf
Pat Howard

As Expected 
top 2 are amazing maps. 
Also Scampie 
nice job :) I would have placed you third personally. 

The detailed scores are interesting: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5hDT7CIUAAAjyT.png:orig 
Yaaay 
4th is pretty much what I expected, the places I lost points are absolutely the weaknesses of the map. I lost big points for no ambient sounds, which is real sad because I even had that on my little notepad tasklist and never did it and I feel like a big dummy :D

But yeah! Go play the top three maps (and fKd's map!), those are all very nice q3 maps! 
Overview Link Is Wrong 
Thanks! 

Eeeeexcellent.

*steeples fingers*

Looking forward to trying these out once I get back home after the holidays. :-) 
Have To Say 
the gameplay on Goldleaf is very addictive, even though the looks are a bit uninspired IMHO. 

Not when you're competing with mapcore pro environment artists who can paint an entire texture set at 8:1 texel scale in their spare time, no, but I thought it was really neat how the deft addition of some arches and pediments turned an otherwise colorless batch of evillair textures into a clever theme. Makes a good contrast with the other greco-roman map in the pack, which went for a full-on ionic column colosseum and stumbled hard. 
Yeah There Were A Few Maps 
that were more environment art than DM map. 
Post A Reply:
Name:
Title:
Body:
exclamation
idea
flame
noflame
error
skull
beer
moon
pent
rocket
sheep
pacman
pig
cheese
worldcraft
gauntlet
crate
pitfall
pimp
smile
cool
sad
frown
oi
yay
tongue
evil
wink
neutral
q1
q2
q3
ut
hl
cs
doom
dkt
serious
cube
Website copyright © 2002-2017 John Fitzgibbons. All posts are copyright their respective authors.