News | Forum | People | FAQ | Links | Search | Register | Log in
Something For Everyone At ..::LvL
Something for everyone at ..::LvL. Top pick for DM/Tourney players is 'noq3dm5' by noname. For CTF fans we have 'Saint CTF 1' from Kaziganthe.

* noq3dm5 by noname (DM/Tourney 2-4 player)
* Saint CTF 1 by Kaziganthe (CTF 4-10 player)
* Chartres by QkennyQ (DM/Tourney/Instagib 2-4 player)
* Gravity Lab by Anton (Painkeep Arena 4-8 player)
* Space by Wiggles (Space DM 3-6 player)

Enjoy the update!

..::LvL: http://planetquake.com/lvl/
Chartres 
Ouch. So much effort. So little frame rate. So little gameplay. What a waste. 
Well, ... 
I don't really think it's supposed to be a playable map ;) 
Hmm 
"Hey look Ma, I can clone the same arch 40 times over!" 
Noentity 
it's based off a real building which obviously is going to have the same arches repeated over. 
Nitin 
I know, my point was more about the lack of technical skill required (I know some was required, but still).

I fail to see the point in making an exact copy of a real building anyway. Would it not be more worthwhile to build something inspired by the real place, but that is more suited to being a game level? 
Yes 
but I think this was one of those how much can I push the engine before it wont compile efforts? Like elek's q1 cathedral, although that was probably more playable.

Having said that, I do think maps more like dubneoc are better examples of engine pushing because they are at least original and have a layout. 

I fail to see why 'Chartres' is reviewed as a map at LvL and why it's a 'must have map'. It was an interesting test of mapper's abilities and the engine's limits, but it's basically a flat box map with pretty walls. I'm at least glad it was the third review in the list, so a decent map like noq3dm5 can get some attention. 
Noq3dm5 
Yeah, I thought that map had better texturing than it was given credit for. 
Chartres 
its crap.. 
it looks nice though. ;) 
Post A Reply:
Name:
Title:
Body:
exclamation
idea
flame
noflame
error
skull
beer
moon
pent
rocket
sheep
pacman
pig
cheese
worldcraft
gauntlet
crate
pitfall
pimp
smile
cool
sad
frown
oi
yay
tongue
evil
wink
neutral
q1
q2
q3
ut
hl
cs
doom
dkt
serious
cube
Website copyright © 2002-2017 John Fitzgibbons. All posts are copyright their respective authors.