News | Forum | People | FAQ | Links | Search | Register | Log in
New Skybox For Quake3&2: Jajsundown1
A pretty beautiful sundown in the middle of the ocean. I hope you like it and use it. To see a preview, download it in q3 tga, q3 jpeg, or quake2 format, and see wallpaper versions in 800x600 and 1024x768, check out the skies page:

http://www.planetquake.com/jaj/skies.html
Thumbs Up 
There aren't many gold and brown based skyboxes out there. I assume you made it with terragen, how much effort did it take? I'm looking to include a couple new skyboxes with my next release of Quad ( http://www.cursesandepithets.com/?section=quad ) whenever it comes out, do you mind if I include this one? 
Very 
nice :)
Do you use the registered version of TG? I wouldn't mind having a nosey at your .tgw files for that one... 
Dude 
You have some nice skyboxes there. Thanks!

If only fileplanet weren't loaded to the brim... 
Thanks 
Pushplay: This skybox in particular took me a lot of time, first until i got what i wanted, i had to see many weird results at the beginnings, and secondly the render times were impossible, i had to render the sky part on my very ancient computer and the sea part was to be rendered on an another computer of a friends, a p4 with 1gb ram, i think it took about 6 hours to render each picture! and even more for the down shot.
Then i had to make some unavoidable and necessary retouches in photoshop.
It worths the effort i think :).
Of course, you can include it, i'd be very glad.

Kell: Thanks man!, i like your skyboxes too, they are really beautiful.
For the moment i don't think to release the tgw files (the ones i still have :)), understand me, it's hard for me, they are my babies :). Hmmmmm i'll see what i'll do.

Wazat: Aah Fileplanet... i had some difficulties to upload them all, but honestly it was a bit my fault too... too late at night... with a lot of caffeine in my veins...

Again, Thanks everybody! 
Thanks Jaj ! 
I had just imagine there is a few day a map style oil station, Your sky will be quite useful for me, moreover this is not the first jajsky that I uses! =) And as usual I am never desapointed by your work! 
=) 
Cool, i'm waiting to see that oil station, sounds interesting :). 
Post A Reply:
Name:
Title:
Body:
exclamation
idea
flame
noflame
error
skull
beer
moon
pent
rocket
sheep
pacman
pig
cheese
worldcraft
gauntlet
crate
pitfall
pimp
smile
cool
sad
frown
oi
yay
tongue
evil
wink
neutral
q1
q2
q3
ut
hl
cs
doom
dkt
serious
cube
Website copyright © 2002-2017 John Fitzgibbons. All posts are copyright their respective authors.