News | Forum | People | FAQ | Links | Search | Register | Log in
Other PC Games Thread.
So with the film and music threads still going and being discussed... why don't we get some discussion going on something on topic to the board? What other games are you playing now?
First | Previous | Next | Last
Soldier Of Fortune 
I haven't played the game in 17 years and got it to install and run last night on Win7. I remember really loving the SP and didn't recall there were bots in the MP part of the game.

Has anyone here played this recently? 
SoF 
I remember playing it back in the day but it bored me a bit. Never been into the "realistic" military kind of FPS. 
Vermintide Was Good 
I played it in randoms as well as with func_ and enjoyed it.

I hope they're able to keep the game feeling fresh, not sure what else can be done in this universe. 
In The Universe, Fuck Loads... 
...but yeah it does need to progress. 
Divinity Original Sin 2 
I tried DOS1 because I'm a sucker for attractive ARPGs (although this is pure RPG rather than Grim Dawn ARPG). Seemed far too complicated and although the turn-based combat was cool I got my arse kicked so far sideways my PC fell off the desk, and I uninstalled it. For some reason recently I decided to try DOS2. Seemed far too complicated and I got my arse kicked so far sideways I got a nosebleed. But I reloaded, turned the difficulty down, avoided any combat and focused on gathering loot until I sort of got used to it....

And now I'm really enjoying it. It's a pretty different RPG experience for me. I don't know where the fuck I'm going, I don't know what the fuck is going on. Half the paths take me into combat that is instant death. There's a billion incomprehensible skills and items and crafting options. I'm out of my depth, my little party is out of it's depth....and surprisingly I'm really liking that. It feels genuine and "real", we're dumped in this world, banded together, with a decent knowledge of our basic skills, and just have to get on with it. It makes a refreshing change from the "player is god" style of Diablo 3 etc. It also looks really nice. So yeah a pretty good timesink so far.... 
Hmmm If You Want Pre-millenial Graphics And Animations....q 
....but nice themes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjAgPt7R3Z4

TBH the settings look better done than Elex / Destiny 2 even though the tech is probably based on the Quake 2 engine.... 
More DOS. 
Finished DOS2 early access. Got 20-30 hours gameplay out of that alone. While waiting for the full release I re-purchased and re-tried DOS1, knowing full well it will be fucking complicated and fucking hard. I did much better this time, with a lot of trial and error (a lot around the first town can fuck your shit up), and a lot of quicksaving for the instant death traps / instant death combats. And I've really got into it. So with the rest of DOS1 AND 2 I got my RPGing sorted for the rest of time.

What I will say is that DOS2 has a lot of little improvements over DOS1, here's a few I've noticed:

+ much nicer GFX all round
+ body-looting after combat easier than hunting loot in general
+ better and more informative portraits
+ physical and magical armour system better and logical
+ gigantic skill bar is much better and easier to use
+ auto-adding skills / useable items to bar is helpful
+ much bigger inventory screen and all chars inventories on one page is helpful
+ streamlined combat AP system seems to work well
+ health numbers on enemies

There might be more.... 
City Of Brass 
- Bioshock devs
- Roguelike FPS
- Arabian Nights theme
- You have a whip
- Early access
- ????
- Profit

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/09/18/city-of-brass-early-access-review/#more-477963 
City Of Brass 
procedurally generated leaves a big question mark over the whole thing but I have quite fond memories of Arabian Nights from back in the day, so I guess wait and see will be my motto here. BioShock devs are a big plus, though. 
City Of ASS 
Three things I really like in games:

Exploration
Progression
Sense of being in a cool other world

Two things that fuck that right over:

Rogue-like
Proc-gen 
Theme Does Look Good Tho. 

Yeah 
not a big fan of proc-gen either (except minecraft). Amazed at how handmade the environments look though.

Gameplay looks better than most of the "retro shooter" games i've seen. 
FP Horror Game Outlast Deluxe Free 
The first person horror game "Outlast" is free at humblebundle at the moment. It's the deluxe version that they are giving away, meaning you also get the DLC-s.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/outlast-deluxe

As of the time of this post, there is still 10 hours or so before this offer ends. So go and grab it when you can! 
I've got it yesterday, and played all the way to the middle of the game.

The post-processed blurring effects are heavily overdone, sometimes making the image look like a 144p YouTube video.

The environments at the very beginning of the game are beautiful, but the game quickly goes down to boring architecture that resembles Half-Life 1 maps, only more detailed. They really focused all the way on making the visuals realistic, and ended up not focusing enough on making interesting & inspiring architecture.

The gameplay is almost entirely about being chased. The puzzles are too simple and doesn't require inventory management. Environment interaction is minimal.

Overall, it feels like a "if Hollywood made a movie adaptation of the Amnesia: The Dark Descent game". Simpler puzzles, simpler history, simpler art style, more chases, more acting, more realism.

The history is really good, though. the only truly annoying character is the priest. 
Hob.; 
Watching cohh play this. https://go.twitch.tv/cohhcarnage looks cute and a nice style for that sort of game. 
Hob 
Yes please play Hob!! It contains things this community should love, like:

- backtracking / retracing levels
- monster in-fighting
- lots of cool abstract / pseudo-brutalist architecture 
STRAFE Millennium Edition 
They released a big update for Strafe. You know, the game you didn't play because "procgen blahblah pseudo-retro" bollocks, or you played it expecting a classic FPS but then got butthurt as you had your ass kicked by the roguelike-ish elements...

It's actually good fun once one actually tries it and gets the hang of it. Plus they fixed a lot of bugs, rebalanced things and added some new stuff. There's also a daily challenge mode with leaderboards, and the game is currently 50% off. Was nice to compete in Spelunky, maybe try here as well? 
Meanwhile Back To Something Remotely Interesting... 
...fucking challenge mode and leaderboards, how about Dark Souls meets Shadow Warrior on PC:

https://www.engadget.com/2017/10/02/nioh-complete-edition-pc-port/ 
YES!!!! 

So DOS1. 
Got thoroughly addicted to this as per previous posts.

Got to the end game temple, got a locked door which told me some cryptic BS about "making sure I have all my memories" or something. Right. Okay. Cool. WTF.

So I google. Apparently you need a certain number of Bloodstones, which I have collected a few of. Also apparently you probably need to use them, rendering them into Inert Stones, which I have done a few times and then sold them on. Also apparently you don't need to keep them, just have owned them. Except the game doesn't tell you anywhere how many you have / have had. Occasional posts helpfully list locations of the Bloodstones which of course are scattered all over the world, half of them in obscure quests half of them in hidden chests.

So at the point, after a game which generally prides itself on multiple solutions to most problems (negotiations, sneaking, fighting, tactical use of surroundings, etc). I'm now faced by an impassable barrier which requires me - but doesn't actually tell me in the first place - to revisit unknown locations all over the whole game world, making sure I have enough stones, which again, it won't tell me how many I have nor how many I need.

Strangely enough, after being addicted to it for a couple of weeks, I haven't touched the game ever since I read that........... 
GRIM DAWN 70% Off. 
http://store.steampowered.com/app/219990/Grim_Dawn/

70% off to celebrate the two Act DLC, but if you like ARPGs you should have got this at full price anyway. All the classic ARPG tropes, a good balance between the grittiness of Path Of Exile and the cartooniess of Diablo 3, but better than both, and looks great throughout. 
Grim Dawn On Sale Also At GoG 
https://www.gog.com/game/grim_dawn

I'll start playing as soon as I finish up a few games already started. Looking forward to it. 
Vermintide 2 On Steam 
Also 
https://go.twitch.tv/cohhcarnage - cohh streaming elex 
@Shambler 
Woops 
ignore #10207

Not Quake. 
@Dumptruck 
Get your face with my buttcheex. 
So, 
Spermintide 2 - just more of the same, but looks good for all that. Better GFX and locations maybe.

Elex - looks like....graphics looks nice, seems to be a comprehensive PB RPG, but, ummm, after an hour of watching I was struggling to be engaged. 
DX5 Free Trial + 75% Off 
http://store.steampowered.com/app/337000/Deus_Ex_Mankind_Divided/

I really liked it. Some weaknesses but a generally very stylish, very detailed, engaging explore/loot-athon. 
WOFL2 Aka Wolfenstein 6 
(Wofl1, RTCW, Wofl, Wofl TNO, Wofl TOB - so this is 6, right?)

Watched a bit of Cohh playing it. Gameplay looks same same, but the whole set-up to it looks pretty damn cool. 
Actually, That's 9 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfenstein_(series)
10 if you count the mobile game Wolfenstein RPG. 
Wolf 3D 1.5? 
Spear of Destiny 
Deus-Ex Mankind Divided 
I recently finished it and the three single player DLC addons and I agree with Shambler - it is the exploration and looting that makes the game great and if you're going to dig through all sewers, apartments, storage bays, maintenance passages etc., it turns out to be a very deep and long game (or short if you chose to just push on with the main story.)

I did not like the hacking but I did max out my hacking skills because, despite the tedium and slave to chance nature of it, hacking to read emails and open locks gets you valuable XP and a lot more of the parallel stories and mini dramas scattered throughout the game, not to mention big loot.

Good game for nosey petty thieves with enough conscience that they don't want to kill anyone (which also gets you more XP over kills.) I did like this game despite some bugs and visual booboos like hair sticking through bodies and clothes. 
Yup.... 
Good game for nosey petty thieves with enough conscience that they don't want to kill anyone (which also gets you more XP over kills.)

Well said. 
Wolf2... 
...is receiving a lot of mixed reviews :| Apparently the amount of cutscenes is significantly increased, but the story and the writing isn't on par with TNO? The base gameplay hasn't changed, but they introduced some side mission filler?..

Considering I need at least a brand new video card to even try the game, this seems like a deal breaker for now, at least until a sale :/ 
Ask Vondur.... 

Wolf2 
well yes, base gameplay is nothing special, it's your usual shooter with fun moments and eyecandy viduals.

but they raised the bar with storytelling indeed! i'd say some places made me lol so hard i got tears, rly. this is the first game where i didn't want to skip the cutscenes, honest! the story kept me interested till the end.

so basically when fps part is still there and there's alot of it (near the end atm and 16hrs played), they made it funnier with cutscenes. so it's a solid game in my view. 
Fuck It Was Me Above 

Also playing Wolf2, I'll post a review a few days after I finish it, most likely. Anyways, uh, it isn't worth an upgrade for. Upgrade per your desires, but, this game doesn't warrant it. I've not finished it yet, but so far the story is massively below TNO's in quality, and the gameplay is also worse. Pretty buggy too, a lot of little problems which stack up that I didn't run into with TNO/TOB. 
Vondur Confirmed For Anon Poster??? 

I Guess I'm Too Old 
I'm just not interested in Wolf2. I prefer serious storytelling and characters with real stakes as in Last of Us, Uncharted or the Walking Dead games.

All the marketing and irreverent over-the-top stuff they've pushed out on this game just turns me off. Plus it's a fucking FPS. Do we need long cut scenes? Do they give the player a rest from the intensity as in HL2 or is it just the devs are wannabe film directors?

I played TNO but haven't played the Old Blood... was that any good? A friend said I'd like it. 
Wofl Cutscenes. 
Icing on the cake. Not important / necessary, not going to make up for bad gameplay, but a pleasant extra if they're good.

IIRC TOB was good. Which was the one with flaming zombie nazis falling from the sky? That bit was ace. 

TOB was pretty decent, yeah. A couple of questionable designs, but quite worthy as an expansion. 

in a quake, doom, or serious sam, you have to actually learn how the game works to progress. you are actually "playing" something which provides a fair challenge. Hl2 started the fps-as-a-slideshow experience, where the point was to make the actual game as easier to beat as possible, to make as many people as possible watch all the cutscenes and setpieces. This became worse and worse in the following expansions.

How is wolf2 in this regards? Is the game actually cool to play? Or is this all about the cutscenes? 
HL2 Cutscenes 
Well at least you could run around the level during the cutscenes and do silly stuff if you were bored. I never saw the HL2 and expansion scenes as too long or "in the way" at all.

But when a game cuts away from your POV and plays a cutscene for more than just a few seconds it drives me nuts. I want to play a game not watch some developer's dream movie. 
HL2. 
Great game. What was the question again? 
Seesaw 
I found that Wolf:TNO had fun gameplay and story was ok, but with too many cutscenes.

Wolf2 on the other hand, has an amazing story and there are more cutscenes but I don't mind watching them because they are crazy fun. But the game play is really bringing the whole thing down.

Lots of enemies appearing behind me and killing me, without warning. Lots of tiny corridor bottlenecks. And it's hard to see many enemies due to grey nazi bunker + grey nazi's :P

There are also teleporting robots that love to teleport behind you.

The sound mix feels totally wrong too. You cannot hear enemies well enough, hence the constant death from behind.

Visually though, god damn it's fucking beautiful. The hub map is some serious eye candy of the like I haven't seen before. Runs crazy fast considering the visual detail too. 
Wolf2 
Are all Wolf2 custscenes remaining in first person pov at least ?

I think proper FPS which want to express their humour/setting/geist whatever (unlike FPS who opt to just dump you in and let you make your own out of it, al la Quake) do best to do it right in the middle of the the gameplay.

The Build games did this plenty and its part of their charm, at most a separate video "cutscene" per episode.

This cutscene stuff always feels cheap to me in a FPS.

These half story custscene heavy FPS's are simply something else, not sure if it is so great though, story is better delivered in other mediums.

Or why not just go whole hog and actually film / pixar level animate a blockbuster and have moments where the movie pauses and lets you play out the next action scene ?? 
W2 Cutscenes 
are rly new level of fun, they're not from player's pov though. but i never wanted to skip them, they nicely fit into the gameplay.
just look at them on youtube ;) though i'd recommend against that cuz it's best to watch them in game's context. 
Nioh """PC""" 
New Colossus 
Was a letdown for me. Gone are the varied and mostly open levels of the original; apart from Evas Hammer and Ausmerzer, most of the levels are run-down tenements or uninspired corridor-heavy bases (a missed opportunity really, considering the fact that the theme itself is the liberation of USA); revisiting them over and over due to filler side missions don't work in their favor either. The original's story goes hand-to-hand with its level design, here it feels like it only takes place in the cutscenes. I also missed the emotional impact of the original greatly, it was what made it so remarkable for me in the first place - this one has its moments but lacks the overall feeling. The core gameplay's still satisfying once one gets into the rhythm of it though.

Overall, I was expecting much more from it. Let's see how the season pass content turns out. 
Deus Ex 5 DLC : A Criminal Past. 
100% recommended. If you like DX5 then you will almost certainly like this. It's DLC / mission pack exactly like it should be done - more of the same game you enjoyed, but with a different setting (which gets increasingly stylish) and plot (decent), and neatly self-contained like the full game in a micro-cosm. 10 hours or so and all good. 
The Latest Shit That Looks Shit. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrcW0Cl_vAQ

Waste of a modern engine, waste of supposedly retro gameplay, waste of a fantasy theme / settings. Most of the QUMP maps looked more coherent than this. 

No idea why people are hating on Amid Evil. I think it looks alright.

I'm enjoying New Colossus so far but I'm not more than an hour into the game. 
Amid Evil 
First I've heard of it, but looks in keeping with the goals behind DUSK. Whereas Dusk looks more like a retro-modern Blood, this looks like a retro-modern Heretic (which seems cool.) Gameplay looks fast and frenetic, graphics looks meh, but I've heard good things about DUSK Episode 1 so I'll probably keep an eye out. 
Probably Because .. 
.. it is said to be like Doom and Quake but it is more like Pankiller, Serious Sam big areas or a medieval fantastic Brutal Doom, similar to DUSK, and that what it is advertised on the video it is mainly the possibility of playing arenas against lots of low hp enemies and that it is made with the Unreal Engine like if that made it automatically a good game.

Me, personally, i think it is decent in what it tries to deliver for now, so i have not many complaints. 
Amid Evil Is Made By SJW Cuck Cancer 

Free Game: Watch Dogs 
Ubisoft is giving away their old AAA title Watch Dogs at:

https://freetrial.ubisoft.com/promotions/watch-dogs-1/8/

Until 14th of this month. 
Hellbound 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyabhVn1SfQ

Says all the right keywords, so that makes me happy, but no game play so ??? Could be anything really.

Closed beta signups: http://hellboundgame.com/ 
Predict: 
Multiplayer only.
Arena combat.
Hugely generic gfx / characters.
No theme or coherence.
Desperately clinging to pseudo-retro bullshit to cover up for being awful.
A mash-up of the worst bits Painkiller / Serious Sam / Bulletstorm and Gears of Wank.

Or all of the above. 
I Hope You're Wrong 
but you may be right. 

Even if there was a game just like Quake, people would still bash it for the aforementioned reasons. 
Well They'd Be Wrong Then. 

Retro Re-release With Added DAZ Design 
Does Daz Still Get A Cut Of The Profits? 
Or is it prophets? :^) 
Amid Evil Gameplay "reveal" 
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/11/13/amid-evil-fps-preview/#more-492687

I'm with Shambles on this one. Looks like bottom tier custom Unreal maps with a shit retexturing pack. Generally a complete absence of good taste.

Makes you wonder, if this piece of shit is getting this much attention... I wonder what a standalone game with the standards of modern Q1SP/mods would do if positioned and marketed correctly.

First we need to find a voiceover artist to deliver ball-achingly cringeworthy, pandering to the "retro" fanbase, shite fucking lines.

THIS KILLMAS COMES THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIBBING. 320X240 PIXELS OF PUREEEE EXTREME GORE. U R "DOOMED" IF YOU DON'T KNOW THAT [GAMEDEV STUDIO] IS GOING TO MAKE YOU THEIR BITCH (remember that ad, guys?? haha)
- £49.99 early access

Interesting 

And The Cease Tide Of Pseudo-retro Shite Continues To Spew Out.... 
http://store.steampowered.com/app/596240/Apocryph/

Is there no stopping this geyser of diarrhoea?? Are appallingly awful looking games that utterly debase everything that made "retro" games remotely appealling the new AAA publisher-aborted military shooters?? Is it time to pick up COD85WW2 instead?? 

I think Amid Evil looks ok. This preview is by someone I trust on these things - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo7X7b6pPng

I can't say Apocryph looks good though, looks very slow and boring. 
Useful Video 5th. 
Some of it does indeed sound good - level design, pacing, and the power-up on the axe especially. For me the crux lies at 5:15, everything he describes about the look is jarring to one degree or another, even though it is actually themed (a rarity for this sort of game), the various graphical aspects: some fancy effects / low poly models / loads of coloured lights / semi-sprite weapons / pixellation, all are wrong in combination. Why not do exactly the same game with exactly the same action, exactly the same theme, but some sort of graphical coherence and fidelity?? 
@Shambler 
Then don't play it? Amid Evil looks fun besides some of the colors and the HUD. The more I see of the game, the more I like. I wasn't interested in Dusk but Apocryph looks fine. The blobby monsters look stupid but other than that I think it's a bit better looking than Amid Evil.

I'm really happy you post your rants though, as I'd never find these little games otherwise. 
Spunktruck. 
How about I post about your mom's face, and how much better it looks pressed into the floor when she's bent over??

Srsly tho. Okay I am going off on one about these games a bit, but they are particularly relevant to this board, my own narrow but dedicated interest in one retro game, and they seem to have an unerring knack of never hitting the mark (from degrees of "almost close" to "fucking miles away") despite usually showing some vague sort of Quake-relevant potential (again to wildly varying degrees). I replied to 5th not because Amid Evil looks as spectacularly faildung as the rest, but because it does have some potential but then shoots itself in the foot. With a sprite weapon. In a game with fancy coloured lighting. Etc. 
#10256 Totally Agree 
and disagree with the visual comments in that video.

It's completely incoherent. High res textures are really hard to make work with low poly characters and sprites. I know because I tried when making an idbase replacement set, and I found anything beyond 4x resolution was jarring and wrong. These look like the equivalent of around 16x.

The coloured lights are also awful. The reasons some old FPS have cartoonishly strong coloured lighting is because (1) it was a "next-gen" selling point of the early 3dfx cards so devs wanted to make the coloured lighting obvious, and (2) no one had figured out how to do it tastefully and realistically at that point. Literally no one looks back fondly on the time when no one knew how to set RGB values on lighting entities.

That UI! What the fuck is that font. Again, it's like a shitty font replacement for quakeworld. Again, it's not a thing anyone misses about that era of games.

Visually at least, they've totally missed the point. There's loads of things worth keeping from some of the best games of the Quake era, but a lot that is objectively worse than the average shooter of today. You just have to, you know, have decent taste and not just blindly copy-paste without understanding context. 
also, as someone who's made many shit speedmaps with no sense of scale... thats what this level geometry looks like. 
Thats the most jarring thing about the game for me: The sense of scale is fucked. Its like a Quake screenshot with the FOV cranked to 150 
Star Wars Battlefront 2 EA Anal Rape Shenanigans.... 
https://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=185625&id=0&start=40

The LULz are real, at the events themselves, blues original news post, and CJ Parker's comment #2 which says it all. 
Real Quaker's Play At Fov 150. Lower Is For Causal SJW Cancer 

EW2 
Been playing The Evil Within 2. It is good. Slightly less creepy and fucked up than the first (still some fine moments), slightly more sensible / logical, more of a gameplay emphasis. 
Schteam Schale. 
Dark Souls 3 for £16

PC controls are semi-broken, bosses are often terrible, save points are badly spaced.....and the design and aesthetic and theme and looks and monsters and everything is the best realisation of dark gothic fantasy you will ever see. Get it if you didn't last year. 
I Own All The Dark Souls On PC 
but haven't really been able to dive in because of the horrendous controls. I've attempted it several times at this point. Steam supports dualshock2 now so perhaps I'll give them another whirl. Again. 
Dark Souls Is Designed For A Controller 
Sure, you CAN use kb/m but it feels bad. Don't do it! :) 
Daz Stop Talking Utter Cock. 
That is completely 100% wrong: Dark Souls is a 3rd person action game and just like any other 3rd person action game (FAKK2, Alice, Severance, Enclave, Evil Within/2, Tomb Raider/ROTR etc etc) controls perfectly - IF THE PORT AND KEY REBINDS WORK - with mouse and keyboard. 
In Other News. 
Quake: Sure, you CAN use kb/m, but a joystick and foot pedals feels much better man!! 
Dark Souls Is Better With A Controller 
Hugs and kisses Shamb. 
+1 Controller 

+1 Controller 
unless you're going for pure masochism, which is kind of in line with the series? 
You Are 20000% Fucking Morons. 
And you are part of the problem. Welcome to killing PC gamning, fucktards. 
Also. 
Daz explained the "benefit" of a controller - analogue movement speed, wow fuck me I am trying to think of anything LESS relevant and useful to the main challenges of Dark Souls 3. Oh yeah trying to take ouf Dragonslayer Armour in a tiny arena, that analogue movement is gonna really help compared to the ability to dodge quick, time attacks, predict twatarmours attacks, decide when to heal, choose attack types, react in milliseconds etc etc. Or maybe it fucking won't. 
Also To Answer Killpixel Because You Guys Are Distracting And Wrong. 
IIRC DS1 and 2 are fairly broken with PC controls and definitely broken with key rebinds, I perma-deleted DS2 and should have filed for a refund.

DS3 is broken with key rebinds but IS fixable with GlovePie, although if you use WASD I think it's fine out of the box. Either way it is definitely 100% playable and perfectly fine, I am a DS3 nub and not a hardcore masochist, and had no problem with the game apart from the huge challenge spikes on some bosses (most of which are trivially easy in coop).

HTH (since no-one else is being helpful). 
DS Controls 
I may download it this afternoon and test out steam's fairly recent dualshock2 support. fingers crossed. 
Now This Is The Next-gen Quake 
That we all have been waiting for instead of the multiplayer only Quake Champions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFSrKNDNGtQ 
DKS1 Mod For Raw Mouse Input And Controls Fixed 
https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/890-dark-souls-input-customizer/

or

https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/862-dark-souls-mouse-fix/

Pretty much self explanatory, this injects raw mouse input for camera control, allows to set different sensitivity for regular camera/bow aim camera plus enables pretty much any arbitrary bindings. Use in conjunction with a gamepad if you want, too.

In other news, people speedrun devil may cry 3 with a keyboard only...

What is so broken about dks3 key rebinds anyway? 

Can't rebind mouse buttons to movement functions (possibly can't rebind mouse buttons at all?). I just set some arbitrary keys to movement and GlovePie to emulate them with mouse buttons. 
Autohotkey 
is always an option. Even with Dark Souls 2 (too bad it won't fix boring levels tho). 
Demoted From The PC Game HYPE Thread. 
Style is still great. Gameplay seems entirely bollox. Video commentary is better than both:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE8TfK4inDw

Hopefully the devs will see this and put some proper gameplay in. TBH my overwhelming thought is "the style of this game would be perfect for a stylish, excitingly themed modern retro shooter with proper normal run and gun gameplay". Doubt they'll realise that potential tho. 
Looks Naff 
Though I wasn’t expecting much from scorn 
Funny 
I watched that very video last night. Looks interesting. I like that all the information is diegetic. Kinda makes the crosshair a little out of place. Perhaps they can incorporate that into the world somehow.

Would like to more action, though. 
Ravenfield 
I've been sick so spending a lot of time on the couch this holiday weekend. I happened upon Ravenfield which is a SP only, very minimalist remake of Battlefield 2. Pretty over the top but super fun. If you liked BF2 this is a good time-waster / substitute.

It's early access but very playable. I think this one will really shine if they fix a few things and add the promised content.

On demand slo-mo is worth the price of admission.

https://steelraven7.itch.io/ravenfield 

I have always benefited of "analogue movement speed" with keyboard+mouse in decently designed games...you just tap the fucking direction/go key more or less rapidly unless you want full speed....duh ;D

Works great in most games 
And Talking Of Which: 
https://www.bluesnews.com/s/185849/nioh-mouse-support-this-week

"Team NINJA tweets about plans to add PC support to the PC edition of Nioh" --- blue's dry humour right on the mark again. 
Evil Within 2. 
Finished Evil Within 2 - it's good. Definitely recommended if you like the first, or if you never tried the first but like survival horror with a bit more emphasis on combat progression and characters rather than pure gore and horror.

It's an interesting progression from EW1, while that was a chaotic mess with lots of WTF moments and some properly fucked up monsters/scenes, EW2 is almost entirely logical, coherent, and well plotted (which really comes together at the end-game despite some cheesy moments). I feel it's lost a bit of it's impact by being more cohesive and less fucked up, but there is plenty of style to it and immersion. There's also more combat and exploration and tactics how you deal with situations, but there is quite a discrepancy between some semi-open-world sections and some very cinematic-driven sections. TL,DR: see first paragraph. 
Reborn 
Has Potential. 
Would like to see a video with FOV greater than 60.

Mixing standard horror with a bit of FPS fun could work tho. Lives and dies on the gameplay I reckon as there's enough games doing that vibe (well, maybe not that kinda OTT "fun" horror, but close enough). He says, having just finished EW2.... 
Now Then. 
This is interesting:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/471010/Seven_The_Days_Long_Gone/

Shadow Tactics meets RPG with hints of Dishonoured and Satellite Reign aesthetics and british voiceovers with added swearing.

Cohh has been playing it: https://www.twitch.tv/cohhcarnage (or "view latest broadcast"), does look nifty. 
Also The Soundtrack Is Ace So Far. 

ADOM 
www.adom.de best rpg, no sounds, no graphics, ~1MB 
ADOM 
http://www.adom.de/home/index.html

best rpg, no sounds, no graphics, ~1MB 

is it really the best rpg? I mean, there are a lot of classic RPGs. 
So.... 
Can someone test this:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/485510/Nioh_Complete_Edition___Complete_Edition/

In the context of this:

Update Information 1.21.03 (11/30/2017) ※Patch 1.21.03 has been released.
27 NOVEMBER - TEAM NINJA

- Added camera/action controls for mice.

- Added customizable key bindings for keyboards.

And check that everything is working and fully rebindable, including movement on mouse buttons and mouse 4/5 thanks. 
ALSO 
Best RPG.

Tough one for me. I would have to leave FPS / 3PS RPGs out because they are very much their own genre (Skyrim first, then tie between DX / DX4 / DS3 for me?).

In the Iso / top-down / whatever, eeeesh, tough call.

Spent most time ever in Guild Wars, so I guess that's good. It was my first tho, and I was playing it when I had an immobilising injury. In recent years, Grim Dawn has just pipped Diablo 3 and Path Of Exile for reasons I've mentioned before. But.....I might have to go with Divinity Original Sin 2, despite only playing the Early Access....it just has so much to it in all directions (plot, skill, interactions, super-tactical combat), and looks amazing. So maybe that one. 

An Awards Show 
...built around paid advertising for games in alpha.

But Witchfire does look purdy. 
Gtfo 
Aliens For Dead 2? 
Looks pretty promising. 
Some Exciting Games Comin Out 

EW2 Demo + Discount 
http://store.steampowered.com/app/601430/The_Evil_Within_2/

Do it. No qualms recommending this at full price even. 
Is This The Right Thread For DOOM-related Stuff? 
I just noticed that the 2017 Cacowards have been anounced, and Shadows of the Nightmare Realm by YukiRaven (who made Temple of Azathoth is number 2 in the top ten (screenshot.

I'm not much of a Doom player, but some of these maps look pretty good, judging by the screenshots. YukiRaven's map requires GZDoom, which I can't get to work on my system, so I haven't played it, but I played Brigandine by Viggles (number 5), and it's really, really nice (screenshot). I quickly get bored of Doom partly because I miss the true 3d of Quake and partly because the gameplay of most custom maps I've played feels like busywork (mindless button pressing without knowing what the buttons do, too many monsters and maze-like layouts), but this map has actual pacing and a manageable scope, and it's just fun to explore. It feels very 3d despite being made in 2.5d engine. 
Thanks For The Headsup 
I didn't expect the Cacowards of this year to be announced so soon. 
Free Games 
9 posts not shown on this page because they were spam
First | Previous | Next | Last
Post A Reply:
Name:
Title:
Body:
exclamation
idea
flame
noflame
error
skull
beer
moon
pent
rocket
sheep
pacman
pig
cheese
worldcraft
gauntlet
crate
pitfall
pimp
smile
cool
sad
frown
oi
yay
tongue
evil
wink
neutral
q1
q2
q3
ut
hl
cs
doom
dkt
serious
cube
Website copyright © 2002-2017 John Fitzgibbons. All posts are copyright their respective authors.