The creators of the mod recommend the following:
Februus Depth (februus) by czg
Ripe with Decay (sm175_scampie) by scampie
Antediluvian (ant) by metlslime
The Horde of Zendar (zendar1d) by sock
Bad Dark Cistern (dm456sp) by negke
at the bottom of the http://lunaran.com/copper/download.html
page (see "Pairings")
But I guess you can take almost anything that is not a mod (or doesn't require another mod and/or mission pack) and use it with Copper.
Lunaran: email w/ misc bugfixes is sent. If it somehow doesn't get to you, please shout here to let me know.
thanks for the list
Februus Depth was crazy hard on skill 1 :)
how can I play the The Horde of Zendar? It has it's own game directory...
Just Copy The Bsp And Lit Into The Copper/maps Folder
the files in /zendar are just modified health pickups iirc.
If I'm not mistaken...
Copper has a "pak0.pak" file W/progs.dat
Zendar has a "pak0.pak"+"pak1.pak" NO progs.dat
So... rename the Zendar files:
pak1.pak to pak2.pak
pak0.pak to pak1.pak
Then copy those into your Copper Folder.
PLAY Copper and then "map zendar" in the console!
Or if you use SQL select it from the list.
***ASSUMING you have no OTHER pak files in Copper other then the one that came with it.
Doing it mfx's way is better if you want to just play the map once and forget it's there, but if you move all the Zendar pak files into /copper you'll be importing zendar's ammo treasure chests, so remember to get rid of it when you're done or they'll be everywhere.
Patch coming soon!
Zendar Has A Custom Skybox!
Playing Zendar in Copper is "better" with ALL of Zendar's content!
But I should have put in what Lunaran stated.
Thanks For Help
I ended up making a copy of the copper folder. Renamed the folder to copperzendar and added the pak files from zendar as damage_inc described.
Everything works. And since I want to replay only once, the new dir will be deleted afterwards.
The Chthon fight was both very classic and very refreshing at the same time. Made me nostalgic for the glorious battles of old.
The levels are very chunky and old school feeling and this has much in common with Machine Games excellent classic Episode 5.
Some of the new mechanics seem cool, at least on paper, but I haven't really noticed or explored them in much depth.
...is there an intended way to get to to END.bsp other than console command?
I played the whole thing twice and the portal (that I found noclipping) does not seem to open...
Play All Of Id1.
end.bsp gives you the four runes you need if you just console warp to it - I had planned to take that out, but decided not to because I only wanted to encourage playing through id1, not to force you to.
Or, wait until I've got 1.05 ready and all the silly bugs in id1 copper that I missed are addressed. ETA still "pretty soon" on that.
I didn't even realize that there was an end.bsp. I just played it. I didn't think that it could get better than the Chthon fight but it was amazing. Extremely creative and so much more rewarding than original fight.
Has anyone managed to find the prize after unlocking the achievement in the start map?
Start Map Prize
Poorchop, the best hint I can think of while trying to avoid spoilers is:
Think about how e1m1 used to be -- the places you went, the things you did (assuming you found everything, did everything).
Now compare that to the new version -- there's something missing. That something is restored after the "achievement" is earned.
...I had thought about that right after posting.
But I was pretty sure it was meant as an end to UDOB.
Great job, Lun.
The new END is something else!!!!
missed the end.bsp remaster at first too, what a monster of a map!
Missed it too. Checked it out, excellent. So that's where the boss2\sight.wav ("new" one) plays. For some reason with "earthquake" effect it's simple and... well, effective. :)
That was the perfect hint, knew exactly where to look after reading. Thanks.
Is copper compatible with the original Insomnia and the map jam?
Would you be willing to integrate progs_dump and copper?
1.Lack of experience with QuakeC
2.Interpreted languages and errors are irritating...what's the point of reading code line by line when you could read all the files and point out all errors?
3.School.Goddamn IIT-JEE coaching.3d Modelling.My own project.
Neither of them will work properly with Copper. They both use custom progs.dat files.
I did give czg07 a try in Copper. Surprisingly, it worked almost 100% issue-free. Some ambient sounds don't spawn and make console errors, but that's all.
You'll have to manually tinker to move the bsp files around of course, just like Zendar.
what does the custom prog in the map jam actually do?
The insomnia jam was based on dump_progs, which is very different.
12:22, is that an Easy-only shortcut??
That is so cool.
Easy/Normal only, but yeah. Original design required three swims on Easy/Normal/Hard, but sock and mfx convinced me of a lot of ways I didn't realize I was being skill-2 cruel across all 3.
That tunnel was actually already there and largely purposeless - I'd put it in purely because speedrunning that map would suck otherwise (requires hidden start map GL). Making it a shortcut gave it an actual reason to exist.
No END.BSP Level Tutorial?
can not get past the yellow shub forcefield
Eye door = use Ring of Shadows
Lava = use Pentagram of Protection
Yellow Forcefield = use Quad (I used rockets)
These powerups also respawn on the altars
How did you do that eye door effect?
invisible brush triggers when the ring is picked up and for the time of ring being active (x seconds) there is another invisible brush triggering the eye door shutting temporarly re/moved very fast, I assume
Map sources are included for you to learn all the secrets, but: target_items can block/allow a trigger based on anything in the player's inventory. In this case, IT_INVISIBILITY. although, I think this might also not work right in Coop if an invisible client gets the one 'touch' for the trigger this frame ... hmm.
The quad gate is a target_heal, which is there for healing pools or other effects but doesn't care what it's targeted at, including doors. The player can't out-DPS it without a Quad. Two players working in tandem can probably screw this up too.
There's no way to cheese swimming in lava without a Pentagram, though.
Patch is done. I swear I didn't forget anything this time. I even tested the .fgd in Trenchbroom.
UDOB had to be updated, since some back-compat fixes broke a couple little things in Copper maps, so please redownload the maps too (if you want). Since nobody's released any Copper maps yet, this was my last chance to make map-breaking fixes.
(If a mod could update the OP to mention the latest version being v1.05 I would appreciate it!)
Here's a big spammy list of all the stuff I fixed. As you'll notice, iw helped a huge amount with finding bugs and suggesting/providing fixed code, and is a hero.
- Enforcer laser damage reduced from 15 to 12, to help compensate for their more aggressive firing pattern
- Monster backpacks make the original ammo pickup sound, and the extended pickup noise is only for pre-placed item_backpacks
- PAK0.PAK renamed to pak0.pak to play nice with case-sensitive operating systems
- Shamblers no longer fire lightning at cockeyed angles when their target is invisible
- Downed zombies who've had doors or crushers invade their personal space no longer become non-solid (id1 bug)
- Projectiles no longer have a random chance of nullifying a Fiend's leap in midair (id1 bug)
- The land-on-head protection delay of Fiends, Dogs, and Spawns will no longer cause them to fail to damage a player on impact if they've just glanced off of something else
- False positives related to the Ring of Shadows in monster attack checks fixed, so monsters always infer theplayer's presence from his real origin while always trying to attack his fake one
- Weapon pickups fire their targets the first time they're touched in Coop, then forget them, so maps which
fire important triggers from weapon pickups aren't broken if everyone already has the weapon
- Chthon should be less likely to instantly snipe the player when they teleport the moment a lavaball is thrown
- Quad axe no longer corrupts monster flags or sends Shub flying (thanks to Ian 'iw' Walshaw for these fixes)
- func_trains now require a spawnflag to inherit speed from their pathcorners, and the keyvalue for settingdefault corner wait time has changed from 'wait' to 'pausetime' to avoid conflicts with stale 'wait' keyson various id and custom maps (e3m3, e4m5, k1m3) (thanks again to iw for running interference on thisissue and patching all my mistakes)
- Added a developer warning when a trigger spawned monster can't be triggered by anything (more thanks to iw)
- Player can now jump while standing in the same depth of water as /id1 (iw again)
- Door wait times are no longer set improperly in the -1 case (E3M7 zombie pit platform) (iw)
- Intentionally prevented use of boss_death10 killcount hack, as it was only ever used to balance the rotfish killcount bug, which was already fixed (iw)
- Trigger_relay no longer objerror()s if not targeted (is a warning in Fitz+ but an error in stock engines,which caused them to crash e1m5 & e1m6) (iw)
- Items which are targeted and killtargeted by the same entity no longer fail to spawn (E4M2 'fake' items) (iw)
- Fixed some monsters (Enforcers, Scrags) being able to see and attack the player while in water, causedby arcane conditional failures in engine trace behavior. is this the last bug in traceline2? only the shadow knows ... (found by iw)
- Spikeshooters that are triggered more frequently than their 'delay' no longer fail to ever fire (iw)
- Changed late monster/secret stat updates to MSG_ALL (iw)
- Monsters do their drop to floor test late enough to be properly positioned on movers that don't start at their zero point, important if the movers start in lava/slime (iw for president)
- Fixed runaway loop error in bbin1 caused by item spawn code (iw is now my husband)
- Biosuit lava protection max depth changed to 16 units (used to be 24, which seemed too deep, and the above water jump fix made it grow to 28)
- 'light_lev is not a field' spam in developer mode silenced
- Powerup sounds are now always precached so sounds aren't broken when using powerup impulses (registeredQuake has fewer total sounds in it than the original .exe's MAX_SOUNDS limit, and memory is free right?)
- Doors with a +0/+a animated texture don't desync animation state when blocked or triggered repeatedly
- Fog change entities now work for all clients, not just player 1
- Gibbing a fish no longer makes bubbles
- dev_trigger and dev_invoke cheats no longer work in multiplayer
- Added 'trigger_inventory' to address the fact that a trigger_multiple targeting a target_items to test for a player's stats/inventory only works for the first client due to default trigger touch logic
- Numerous .fgd errors fixed (monster spawnflags, etc) (thanks fairweather)
- Fixed typo in Chthon death notification
That's not the right link. The old link is the right link.
(Old versions of copper and udob are in /files/old/copper1.0/)
updated the thread. I am confused still about which link is the right link, but the OP just points to your download page so it should be fine.
Link Is Working Now
Thx for the Update!