Je release Bal3dm5 bien!
ROFL it changed my name back from Bal! Damnmit it would have worked perfectly otherwise!
* Finish more maps than I start.
* Get this gift GameCube hooked up in some way to my computer.
* Play lots of really cool games on the GameCube.
finish crdm3, finish tnj, finish dazsp4.
Finish learning doom3 editing before the game comes out so that I am ready to be sweet. Perhaps learn Unreal Tournament editor, I've dicked around loads with it but never actually built anything properly.
Replay KOTOR as dark side.
persuade cardo to do an animated gif for the next installment of the cardorpg series.
I'm gonna finish my first Q1DM, and if it's up to par, I'll release it.
I also wanna save up enough money to buy a new comp so I can play D3 and HL2. I hope to map for both games.
Being realist, try to make a map, a deathmatch map for Quake1,Quake2 or Quake3, it's the same, but one map at least :).
Being not so realist: Make one deathmatch map for each quake.
Being utopian: Make a 3-4 sp maps episode for Quake and another for Quake2.
And i can't forget the fact that Doom3 and HL2 are almost here =)......
Ok Ok... For Real Now.
first off I'll be doing the Speedmapping site. Followed by the Turtlemap. Next I need to finish the 2 q3 maps I have 75% completed. Then I finish the q1sp, which I think may be an episode, I have in progress. After that, I'll be working on getting spawnpoint made into a proper mapping site. Then... who knows... Doom3 mapping? A quick q1dm? We'll see where things take me. I'll be working hard towards making a nice portfolio of work during this year, so we'll see.
I also plan to really play alot of new games, been in a real rut of playing only Quake as a FPS, and maybe a few others for a bit. Going to finish playing some of the PS2 games I recently got, maybe I'll try some differant games. I've also been thinking of designing my own little game, but I doubt it'll come to fruitation.
1. Finish Ontranto. (I'll have an alpha test of the first two maps ready soon... once I fix that "vanishing hallway" bug.) Which means populating the next five maps, building the last, completing the boss' QC etc.
2. Try out QER editing, maybe make a playable Q2 map. You know how hard it is to make detail brushes in WC.
3. Vanilla Q1 map for Halloween.
The Eternal Waiting Will Soon End
* Finish more maps than I start.
That would be quite a feat....unless you're finishing old maps, that is.
P.S. I second the vote for cardorpg4, let's hope he keeps adding emotional depth to the series.
start building hex:phase 2 (certainly doable i think)
also maybe make a cool map for C&C generals/zero hour
Finish: misdm14/15/16/17/18/19/20, missp1/2
All of them are done at some stage (25-95%) but I lack at motivation and freetime =)
Format my hardrive so I can actually map without excessive crashing :-/
1) get the balls to release some maps. I'm shooting for Turtle Map, even though it begins on the same day my team plays Dallas in the Playoffs. Wish me luck, friends and fiends.
2) be nicer to critics; esp. that handsome and debonair Underworldfan and that virile and witty Shambler.
3) less sucking up.
finish/release the 10-15 maps I've been working on, whether they suck or not.
and finish the games i have instead of buying new ones.
Actually finish a few DM maps and stop rushing myself... perhaps some textures.
New Yea's Res'
My new year's resolution is to release my quake 3 map within 5 years.
Almost everyone promising to finish lots of maps instead of starting loads and letting them fester.
Yeah right. Let's be serious about this:
How many of you are posting that just to join in the trend and have *something* to say??
And how many of you are genuinely wanting to have firmer and more determined plans??
And out of those (if any), how many are actually going to stick with it??
I know this is a bit rude but it just looks like the same old promises to me...
You just broke my heart :p
Alright, I Admit It!
I probably won't release my quake 3 map that fast...
Won't release anything this year, either. A promise harder to keep than it sounds.
Learn everything I need to know so that when Doom3 is released I can work on making a Doom3 to Quake Total Conversion, then just map that. Will I stick with it?
No. But I'd like to.
i only said id get started on my map, who said anything about finishing?
I only can promise at a 90% of confidence one deathmatch map and even perhaps i'm being optimistic :).
Another thing i have to finish is Diablo2, i'm still on the second act, this is enlonging too much argh!!
want to finish everything and everyone :D
Pulsar has proven himself to be a tad bit more evil than I am. I only want to dominate the world and take all of its prime resources and honeys for my own sordid ends, whereas it is clear he wants us all dead. If you accept me as your leader, I will protect you from the wrath of Pulsar, otherwise I will be forced to conspire with him.
It is funny. We're able to lay about 200-400 brushes daily, so a proper sized SP map could be done within two weeks (one week for raw layout, another for entities and stuff). I wish it was theory only :/
My basic plan is to keep making polies and link them in a way to make them vacuum shut until I reach number 1200. Once I get there, I slap a slip gate in, and a box around the final area and call it done!
Creative Resolutions For 2004:
1. Don't start any new maps! I keep doing this, and it's baaaad, because I have plenty of perfectly good unfinished maps.
2. Finish, or at least make very significant progress on (like getting into beta testing stage), on one of the said unfinished maps.
3. begin learning the music synthesis/sequencer program Reason 2, and commence my plans for making totally awesome music.
4. continue amassing my music collection, in the pursuit of perfectly melded dj sets.
Get Reason 2.5 if you can... and preferably Cubase with the rewire plugin. Reason always sounds better when used as a slave instrument to Cubase imho, Reason isn't really the greatest in the effects department.
Am not hugely experienced with either (although I know my way around them) but I can normally spot a reason track a mile off :-p ... Rewire is used alot by professionals though.
Theres a couple things I would like to do Quake-wise this year:
1) Start and/or release my first Q1SP.
2) Start and release a kickass Q1DM.
3) Start and/or release a good/fair Q3DM.
4) Work on TD a lot more, polish it, and release it.
Some things I would like to do in other categories:
1) Keep practicing my new Yamaha ERG 121 guitar and become good with it.
2) Proceed to kill people that annoy me to an extreme.
3) Continue to heighten my hockey goaltending skills and become great.
4) Lose about 30-40 lbs.
What will get down through this whole list? Probably about 50-75% of it.
Finish 3 Q1SP Maps
All are in some degree of completion. The 1st one is close to beta but is a vis nightmare.
Want them done and not hanging over my head anymore.
Make another Halloween map for October. I have a good chunk of cemetary already made.
I have serious plans. nothing quake-related tho
oh and Im really done with q1. Old, too limiting, too beaten, the game itself is no longer interesting. And I simply want new toys.
What about that turtlemap chainmap?
thanks for the advice... i actually intended to get 2.5. As for supplemental software, that'll have to wait until stage 2, expanding to some semblance of a studio... not gonna happen anytime soon.
I assume Speedy it's at middle-age crisis, so don't worry, he'll map for Q1 anyway.