News | Forum | People | FAQ | Links | Search | Register | Log in
Top 3 Most Underrated Games??
Oh no not another Top XX Blah GAME thread already!!! Doesn`t it make you puke blood with boredom??? Well this one hasn`t been done to death already so...

Top 3 underrated games, and why they deserved more acclaim.

(If you don`t know what underrated means, ask someone - don`t post a list of the obviously renowned games like Doom1/2, Q1/2/3, Unreal/2, UT/2, HL/CS, Deus Ex etc etc. If you don`t know what games means, ask someone about that too - don`t post a list of mods, maps and other add-ons.)
Me... 
1. Battlezone2
Why?
> Extremely rare and very effective blend of FPS and RTS gameplay.
> Ridiculously good and ahead-of-its-time graphics.

2. Wheel of Time
Why?
> Excellent use of the Unreal engine with a lot of stunning designs.
> Proper fantasy game atmosphere.
> Interesting and challenging magic combat.

3. FAKK2
Why?
> Excellent use of the Q3A engine with a wide variety of impressive scenes.
> Original and exotic locations and unusual monsters.
> Good balance of puzzles, exploration, 2 handed combat and very violent fighting. 
Only Top 3 This Time ? 
btw what made you think those games are underrated 
What Does "3" Mean?? 
1. Forsaken

Good graphics for it's day
Multiplayer was excellent, SP wasn't all that bad either, but...
hmmm, flying, Titan, gravgon, transpulse, MFRL, solaris, pinemine, hmmmm, ahhhh!! 
1. Cube
duh
2. Moonbase Commander
simplicty is underrated
3. Golden Eye
I played this game with my brothers for at least a hundred hours. Games more highly rated than this one didn't get nearly as much face time. 
Heh 
I`d actually put goldeneye in the most Overrated games category. 
Hmmm 
heart of darkness, so far 
Mmmm 
1. Gothic 1 & 2
> these are the best RPGs ever made imho, yet noone outside of germany has even heard of them

2. Total Annihilation
> Totally annihilates any other RTS, yet people keep being stuck on *craft, C&C and their clones.

3. Jedi Knight I
> one of the finest SP FPS experiences out there, yet not as popular as it should have been.

I guess a reoccuring theme is that all 3 games (and other games people mentioned, even cube) had substandard looking graphics for their time... oh the shallowness of gamers. 
I`d Like To Second That.... 
Total Annihilation is by far and away the greatest RTS i have ever played. Its gameplay is difficult to fault and lends itself perfectly to multiplayer. It has a great modding scene, and hundreds of fantastic units have been made (see the TAUCP pack, among others), including my favorites, the mighty K-Bots Karganeth and Orcone.

Seriously, if you don`t own TA (the original, not the imo inferior sequel TA:Kingdoms), i very strongly you pick it up immediately, it`ll only cost you �5($8?). 
So 
it doesnt say it has to be FPS. ok so my game is

tadada..

Transport Tycoon.

/a round of insults, tomatoes, eggs, grandpas underwear follows...

well, cube. yes. and screamer 1 and 2(yea so the italians brought you a game which crashed alot and the cars where unbranded but it was still good fun). sorry, i like old-ish games. 
TA, Definitely 
Though it did have rather good graphics, for its time - hundreds of articulated, 3d units moving over fully 3d (albeit pre-rendered) terrain.

Also:

Hardwar - Elite-in-a-city, with a whole economy and an optional plotline; though with some obnoxiously bad UI design, and dated graphics.

The Longest Journey - best adventure game in recent memory. Not difficult, but an excellent story. 
Errrr 
1) TA - For the hours of network play, amassing PeeWee and watch the metal fly

2) Battlezone - Again excellent multiplay, Howitzers rock (never really tried number 2)

3) Red Faction - This game had me hooked until I completed it. 
ICO. 
I Second That Motion 
ICO
REZ
Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus 
ICO, REZ? 
Damn Im lost with abbreviations... 
Those Are Full Names 
Uhm 
ico is underrated? I thought it was generally considered l33t. I dont have much of an own opinion about it because Ive only seen it a little. 
My Picks 
Undying
Why? Great story that unfolded as you played. Lots of little details to pick up on. Fun gameplay. Very nice environments.

Unfortunately, though, the demo really hindered its success. If the demo was better I would have bought it when it first came out instead of waiting until it had been out for a while. And with most Unreal-engine games, the texture resolution was varied throughout, which created inconsistency and was disappointing. Boss combat was usually pretty poor.

Blair Witch Volume I: Rustin Parr
Why? This is one of the VERY few games that I ACTUALLY FELT LIKE I WAS PLAYING A MOVIE. Visuals were dark and brooding. It was very much like an adventure game, but at the same time there were distinctive shooter elements, and it was combined perfectly. There were were sidepaths in the story that ended the game prematurally, but not before showing you a cutscene that gave more details about the story. There were several truly spooky moments. Action was kind of cool.

On the downside, there was a bit too much backtracking in the woods, and some of the puzzles are a bit weird.

Oh Lovely! 
b0rked bold tag! 
Unreal Engine Games 
The biggest problem with them was that you needed 3dfx cards to make them run good without having to add a couple of hundred MHz to your cpu. 
Eye Tat Is Golden 
I knew that would be a some what controvertial pick. It's not like the game isn't well thought of, but I still think it's underrated. The sp had genuine innovations and the mp was just plain fun. It's a bright spot in a long list of shitty licensed games. Had it been possible to map for it I would say that it's far better than any of the Quakes. The bond universe could have made for many more interesting maps. 
Cyb 
I would argue that it is painfully underrated.
It got wonderful reviews and much praise, but Sony didnt promote it at fucking all. And it also suffers very hard in the shelf-space fight.

"The fuck? A game about holding hands... Oh, look, shiny objects with boobies!"

*wanders off towards the DOA Volley-game stand* 
Well Since No One Seems To Play Them 
Nolf/Nolf2 (great mix of action/realism, intelligent mission orientated design that allows quite a lot of immersion and interaction, and it`s funny!)

kingpin (arguably the greatest looking q2 engine game with probably the first solid locational damage based gameplay. Cool settings and enemy cries of FUCKER!)

soldier of fortune 1 (kingpin`s contender for best looking q2 engine game, lots of varied diverse locations, probably the best visual use of locational damage, and tons of fast in your face action)

Keep in mind that I`m only referring to the sp parts of these games. 

most of mentioned games are underrated compared t o CS, diablo2 and uhmm Sims ? 
Cyber Empires - I must have beaten the game like 20 times. It was cool.

Stunt Island - In the campaign you had to complete stunts to be the best stunt pilot, but the really cool part was that you could set up your own stunts, perform them, film them and edit them into a movie. It was really cool. I spent countless 16 hour days and nights on that game. Has anyone ever played it? Ive never heard of anyone else who ever did. 
H-Hour... 
A friend of mine was similarly hooked on Stunt Island. 
Hmm 
Doom
GTA 3
Command & Conquer 
Hmm 
(Well if you can have GoldenEye on a list...) 

Tetris Attack
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
The Simpsons: Bart's Nightmare

I lurve SNES games :D 
Hmmm 
definitely battlezone 2, bought it after shambs advice and it really is cool.

operation flashpoint. best military sim ever with the most freedom ever. period.

freespace : the great war. awesone space combat and wickedly designed ships. 
Eeeeh 
command & conquer
descent II
california games (NES)
skate or die (NES) 
Heh 
also puzzle fighter for ps2 
Ugh? 
Command and Conquer and Descent II are underrated? 
About As Much 
as doom is. 
YES! California Games rocked! 
California Games? 
was that the random mash the joypad game I remember playing? :) 
Yoshis Island 
Scampie, Yoshis island is a real cracker... one of the best games ever! Thats the most perfect platform game Ive ever played, at any rate.

Played through the entire game on an emulator, even though I just had to use the sucky keys... it has so much character I just couldnt stop playing it. Regrettably I never owned it on my SNES (and I sold the console when I was younger and more foolish... a decision I certainly regret now).

Youve just reminded me I have to pick up a new Gameboy so I can play the new Yoshis island on there - it apparently has some new and different stuff to the original as well. 
Smw2 R4wks Indeed 
but imo it would have been better off without the parts were you transform yoshi into different vehicles... 
Thx All For The Replies... 
Especially the people who gave their reasons which were pretty interesting.

Aard, I have definitely heard of Gothic1/2 - I almost always checked out the screenshots (mostly too dark for G1) and a few articles too. Unfortunately the 6.7gig demo size for G1 put me off trying it a bit :P. But I agree they seem pretty underrated compared to, say, Morrowind. 
I Just Have Remembered One Great Game 
I think we all forgot about one classic game of all times - Minesweeper by Microsoft. The game that is always interesting and fun. Even Linux has it's version of Minesweeper. This game cannot be old cuz it has no age.

I like it and can play it everyday :) 
I Was About To Say I Don't Play Underrated Games... 
But then I thought of two.

Secret of Evermore, for the SNES.

It was the pseudo-sequel to Secret of Mana, one of Square's best SNES games. I say "pseudo" because it was developed by Square USA instead of the true japanese rpg guru's. It was a bit weird and off-beat, and most people hated it. I for one had a blast playing. Pity it didnt support multiplayer like Secret of Mana.

And also...Rock N' Roll Racing (SNES). Cuz it r4wks baby! 
Meow Mix 
makes a title line

Blood
good atmospheric action game with lots of detail, and had some rather advanced ai for its time. along with the best weapons still id say, but most people say its too hard (nobody thought to duck to shoot the small enemies, they insisted on using page down...)

One Must Fall
it was a pc side scrolling fighting game ala street fighter, but it worked well on a keyboard, and from what i rmbr it was polygonal back before many games used that much at all... very very fun and each bot had unique play styles

as far as Jedi Knight and TA... i rmbr seeing both of those always in the top 5 of those lists of Greatest Games of All Time in PCG and CGW. i rmbr a lot of people telling me to play them and ranting about how great they are, but at the time i didnt have the money for buying any new games.

which reminds me of the game Dark Reign, i only played it once but i rmbr the ai actually using tactics against me.... 
the secret of mana series is fantastic, SoM3 has the best artwork in a tile-based rpg i have ever seen 
Foshizzle 
it will eternally piss me off that Seiken Densetsu (SoM) 3 never got translated. thankfully, that's what ROM's and ROM translation groups are for. =) 
Shambler 
on e3 the english version of gothic 2 was announced... I'd recommend you (and anyone else) to get that when it comes out. 
SoM3 
You can find Seiken Densetsu 3 translated into english under the name Secret of Mana 2 if you go rom searching. That or find me. 
SoM2 
Looks beautifull but the game isn't very good (unlike Secret of mana). 
Asd 
what i think iyt that they allare cooll 
Unpopular Genres = Underrated Games 
Turn-Based Strategy
-------------------
Age Of Wonders: Shadow Magic
- the whole series is superb
Warhammer 40k: Chaos Gate
- it was the best Warhammer 40k game until DoW

Wargames / Tactical Simulators
------------------------------
TacOps 4
- the ultimate toy for the armchair general

Independent / Freeware
----------------------
The Kingdom Of Loathing
- the best MMORPG, no fees and hilarious
Cube
- you folks already know
Burger Wars
- my vote for best FPS premise 
Total Annihilation 
for reasons stated earlier.. 
Master Of Orion I 
I played it way back when it was released, but downloaded it some days ago, it's abandonware in the net (get the patch too). I think moo1.zip. I run it in dosbox (the program).

I hadn't remembered actually how much care has been put into all those custom menu engines, graphics, animations etc, and they all serve a purpose. Also the game itself doesn't have that many big flaws - everything just works.

It was released in 1994 I think.

I've never played II or III and what I've heard about them, won't bother.

It kinda was left in the shade of Civilization, so that's why I mention it in this underrated games topic... but I think those games are different and fill different niches.

You really have to think in moo, there are some decisions and not just always the obvious way to go and then micromanagement.
Designing ships is one funny part of the game, as is an exciting and decisive big battle where giant fleets clash together around some planet - you don't really know what kind of ships the computer throws at you until you meet them the first time. 
Solstice! 
Wow 
Solstice.
I haven't thought about that game in years. It was indeed great.

Damn...memories. 
Also 
ABUSE

the awesome 'you're a prisoner escaping from an alien infested prison' sidescroller game. the mouse is used for aiming, and the keyboard for directional movement. very scary, and awesome weapons! i still play it sometimes 
Abuse 
I remember tha game, that was awesome fun. 
Betrayal At Krondor 
Throwing my hat in the ring for this gem of a game from Sierra. One of the first really expansive "3D" RPGs out there...you could have spent thousands of hours playing it if you wanted. The 3d graphics were obviously primitive and shitty, but it was enthralling anyway.

IIRC they had a professional writer onboard to do the story and dialogue, and it really shines through. The game never gets boring, and if you're into RPGs, I highly reccomend it. 
I Second That, 
Betrayal is an outstanding game. Excellent pacing throughout. 
Betrayal At Krondor? 
With that name I would expect it would have been Raymond E Feist, author of the legendary "Magician" and it's initially equally good but then increasingly tedious derivatives, as Krondor is the main kingdom in the aforesaid tome. 
Yes 
BAT is taken from Feist's stories.

Not in any particular order:

1. Betrayal At Krondor
Just fun. Not sure if it was innovative for it's time, but despite the aged graphics it kept me engaged, although it did get frustrating. I suppose it was like the System Shock of traditional RPG.

2. Hitman series
Mostly stealth oriented but you could jump into action if you wanted to. The 2nd and 3rd offered a welcome but bit odd first-person mode. With various ways to go about accomplishing a mission from routes to offense it's a fun game but really only for the right crowd as it's stealth oriented.

3. I.G.I. 2
Sequel to Project IGI. Some might not agree with me here but, I knew where they missed the mark in IGI 1 and I thought they did much better in IGI 2. Just a very fun game all throughout. 
Hitman 
Hitman is a pretty sucky game if you just go around and murder everyone, as that is the easy way out. The hard part is getting a 'silent assassin' rating on every level, this is very hard, almost impossible at times, and it's very entertaining trying to accomplish this. I've liked all the Hitman games so far, but my favourite is #2. Especially the levels in malaysia. 
IGI 2 
Agreed about IGI 2, it's one of my favourite games, ever, along with the IGI 1.

And I also know that many will disagree, especially those without the patience to play such a (stealth-based) game. 
Underrate This! 
TA - can't agree enough about that one. It still chugs on some modern pcs in the biggest of battles, but bizarrely it ran ok on my old p200 when playing on more modest settings. Absolutely beautiful interface, order queing and tech which seemed so advanced at the time (proper line of site for units, 3d terrain, polygon modelled units, debris which blew in the breeze etc. etc. etc.)

Vietcong - this is also pretty underrated. I think the reason for this is that people heard about how buggy it was and avoided it. Pterodon, the developers added coop in the Fist Alpha patch, which turned it into one of the most brilliant multiplayer experiences you can possibly have (if you are hardcore enough.) The enemy AI is really challenging and often quite believeable. Try playing coop Ambush with ingame teamspeak turned on, no respawn, no rejoin, vietnam AI and a properly organised squad. It's brilliant.

I couldn't think of a third game on my own, so I quickly scanned the replies. I agree with CZG about Abe's Exoddus. It's absolutely blinding. The first two Oddworld games contain some of the most beautiful artwork I've ever seen in a game (that isn't Japanese or made by Blizzard :) The platform/puzzle gameplay was also great fun, and not nearly as frustrating and repetetive as some IDIOTS made it out to be.

I agree with Nitin about Goldeneye being overrated - I found the multiplayer a touch shit and awkward after years of Quake 1/2 and Half-life.

Halo and Timesplitters also seem to be pretty overrated. What is it with console gamers thinking they have all the best FPS games? Idiots.

CZG, were Ico and Rez underrated or did they just underperform at retail? I thought they were both rated highly and masturbated upon by millions of fanboys on a daily basis. I've not played Ico because I don't have a ps2, but when I get the chance, I'll give it a whirl. I have Rez on the DC and it is indeed class.

TA was actually rated pretty highly by the PC mags when it came out, but it seems to be overlooked by most RTS gamers today, which is sad. The developers, Cavedog, were also one of the first to set up their own multiplayer gaming network - Boneyards. Then Cavedog vanished after working on a kind of crappy (from what I remember) looking FPS game, which was canned. 
Also 
Mafia.

I'm not sure how well this sold, but it got good reviews from a few places, and I really love it. It's a bit like GTA3, but the artwork and missions are really top notch, and the most important thing is that it's a fucking blast to play.

They also have well over 100 strikingly detailed old-time 1930-40 cars. It's quite stunning to actually be in the game universe...I think I might just replay it soon :D 
Mafia 
Fuck yes. Amen. Actually had believable characters with bit of an attachment. 
Mafia 
Didn't actually play it myself, but my mate was wanking over the period details and research that must have gone into the art (it was nice, yes.) Anyway, he showed me the game and it seemed pretty cool, but I think some of the excitement of driving from GTA was lacking since the cars all went about 50 tops. 
I thought the driving in Mafia was still fun chase wise, but yes slow. There was Free Ride and Free Ride extreme, one memorable car had a jet engine on it... that was fun blazing down long stretches. Got old quick though. 
S.C.OUT 
btw does anyone know this old puzzle game from early nineties made by Callisto.
http://www.juegomania.org/pc/8660

It had also a map editor and we made maps for friends to play.. You could have all kinds of nice shooters and triggers and monsters and telepors and bombs and whatnots in it, shooters triggering other shooters. I remember a friend made a level that was very unpredictable with so many effects building up after each other..
Too bad I lost the custom levels when I formatted the old hd of the 386 back then...

I also liked the nice clean and inspired graphics. 

Well it's been 12 years... anything new to add to the list fellas?

I'd probably add Kingdoms Of Amalur: The Reckoning. One of the best free look fantasy RPGs I've played, and who's heard of it? Better than Witcher 1+2.

Very similarly: Two Worlds II.

Transformers: War for Cybertron: it would have fallen into the movie-tie-in stigma so everyone thought it was shit without playing it.
The Avatar game got painted with that same brush but was quite good.

Bionic Commando and Necrovision. Older games probably Enclave which we've all played but did mainstream players?

Also Gunman, it was a Half Life mod turned commercial game but probably no one played it except hardcore Half Life fans.

Also Rune, I think it's long been forgotten about but for it's time was great. 

Kohan and Evolva series, nuff said for me

Barely anyone knows those 

Wow, old thread I never saw.

TA was one of my favorites. I even made a map for it. Was it really underrated? I remember it as being very popular, though it didn't get as much attention as starcraft. 
Good Bump. 
Recently for me:

Deserts Of Kharak - slick, well presented, nicely streamlined RTS. More fun than the typical style.

Mordheim - brutal, teeth-grinding, but fascinating turn-based tactics with a good style and interesting, if rng-ridden, mechanics. 
Games 
Adventures of Van Helsing (The first one, not the others.) Really fun ARPG with comedic elements set in a steampunk/gothic city.

Victor Vran is another ARPG with a strong focus on completing in-level challenges rather than just plowing through main quest dungeons.

Shadow Man is now on steam and I am not sure how much it is has been circulated through the mainstream. Macabre collection/third person shooter/adventure game. It has some Mario 64 mechanics in it where you have to collect certain amounts of "dark souls" to unlock new areas. 

Had Shamblyr tried Gothic 1/2 as Aard recommened, I'm convinced he would've been a better human being now. Alas, here we are... 

I considered trying Gothic not long ago, but I was put off by seeing many complaints about the controls.

I did play Risen, which is from the same company, but newer. I liked it a lot but apparently not enough to buy any of its sequels. 
Thinking... 
Wheel of Time: Good variety of gameplay elements, nice music, rich settings, unique 'combat', didn't mind the story, good length in that it wasn't too short or too long.

Wolfenstien: The Raven title that seemed to get dumped on more then it deserved in my opinion. It was actually pretty fun, had some great settings (the farm leading to the big underground complex comes to mind), liked the enemy variety and it was also not too long or too short. A bit grindy backtracking through the hubs but the bolt mauser with a scope helped make the shooting more fun. Was nice to search for goodies as well. I thought the gizmo was coo - added some novelty.

Prey: Or was this not under rated? Not sure but it had a great trippy setting and some fun gameplay novelties like the anti-grav pathways and the use of the spirit walk. Didn't feel high stress because of the lack of proper death but I was good with that despite this being something that most critics pointed out. Also - just the right length again - not too long or short. 
Negke U Slag. 

Rick 
I can't deny the controls are somewhat awkward, especially in G1, but it's nothing one couldn't get used to after a while. Probably mostly complains by spastic weirdos whining about not being able to bind the mouse buttons for movement!

The two games are very good despite their flaws. But TBH, not sure I would try them now if I hadn't played them back then as their age shows. Nostalgia does play a role.
There are graphics mods, of course, and even some DX11 injector thing which improves the visuals. 

Total Annihilation was not underrated. It did not garner starcraft levels of popularity though for sure, it is also more complex/games are longer/less accessible.

M.A.X is another fantastic strategy game that never got very popular although consensus was it is a great strat game. (recently re-released on steam or GOG I think, sadly just a dosbox quickie) 

M.A.X. was ok.

Speaking off forgotten/underrated RTS games I can add 2 titles:
War Wind - very nice RTS, Warcraft meets Starcraft with good pixelart graphics;

Z - my favorite RTS. You command robots, capture zones which have factories, produce more robots/tanks and capture more areas, till you get to enemy base. No building mechanics. More area you get, shorter time it takes to create units. Sadly GOG's version is a lame port (PC => Android/iOS => PC), so better to use this open source remake engine: Zod Engine 

For anyone that does not know of this site - just in case and as it is relevant to the thread
http://www.homeoftheunderdogs.net/featured.php

Thats their best of the best underdogs but there is plenty more to discover on the website, especially the "Top Dogs"

I was most amused to discover the website is founded and run by a middle aged Thai investment banker lady :D 
TA 
I still have a TA folder, along with editing tools, and it all works fine on Windows 7.

It actually supports wide screen natively, up to 1920x1080, which is very unusual for a game released in 1997. 
Under Dogs Is Shit 
Fukken Troll 
Eh ? As to what ? A download resource sure, its not about procurement but documentation/discovery. 

Vagrant Story. Squaresoft's best game? More combat focused than their other RPGs. Lacks the party system from Final Fantasy and focuses on a single protagonist instead. Has weapon-dependant combos and damage zones on enemies. Much darker, dungeon-heavy setting compared to Final Fantasy. Almost a fantasy dungeon brawler. Pretty good story too.

Far Cry 2. Significant open-world shooter IMHO. More unique and daring, and less dumbed down than later FC games (fully diegetic interface, for one thing), also again much darker tone. Great African setting. Lots of freedom for the player. If you're bothered by respawning checkpoints, you're doing it wrong. You're not supposed to hang around the same checkpoint all day, you're supposed to be exploring. The game is actually excellent and, IMO, just as iconic as STALKER when it comes to open world RPG shooters. Much better than Crysis anyway. Didn't deserve all the flak it got.

re: Prey: I can't stand the characters and story. Some dope has to rescue his permanently screaming girlfriend from aliens. Really? Does it get any more trashy? Weapons and combat, I'd rather play Bioshock. The spirit walk and anti-grav was cool but underdeveloped. The death mechanic was yawn-inducing. 
Yah. 
I liked Prey, it was pretty good, and most people, Jonas aside, thought it was pretty good, no more, no less.

I forgot this one:

Satellite Reign - isometric real time cyberpunk squad tactics game. All the neon and rain-soaked streets you could ever want, and a very fitting electro soundtrack. Not hugely engaging but nicely done and stylish enough to deserve more acclaim than it got. 

far cry 2 has very good firefights.

they are boring many times, but also many other times they are the best firefights in any game that i played, and they're not scripted fights. 
Vagrant Story Was Good 
I really enjoyed Final Fantasy Tactics.

Legend of Dragoon is worth hunting down too btw, not Square but still awesome. 

Myth II: Soulblighter. It's a great game in the seemingly niche genre of real-time tactics, with a dark medieval fantasy setting. Unlike in RTS games, there is no base building or resource management, you just have the units you start a level with and (if you're lucky) scripted reinforcements. Individual soldiers (which all have unique names) get buffs based on how many battles they survive and how many enemies they kill, so pyrrhic victories are discouraged. It can be potentially very difficult for this reason, especially since the game does a pretty good job of making you actually feel like the commander of a dwindling medieval army desperately fighting back the hordes of undead. Picking your battles is important, and the levels where you have to hold your ground in the face of a horde are always brutal. The game has a cool physics engine for the time, rendering every projectile as an individual physics object, even subjecting them to weather effects, meaning making effective troop formations and taking advantage of terrain are really important.

Another one is King of Dragon Pass, a sort of hybrid RPG/government sim based in the stone-age high fantasy Glorantha setting. The setting's lore is integrated into the mechanics of the game in some pretty cool ways that aren't immediately obvious.

Finally, this may not be "underrated" so much as a cult thing, but Yume Nikki is the holy grail of weird-ass arty indie games as far as I'm concerned. 

Myth TFL was great and Myth 2 was good too; they were almost as big as Quake was for me in 90's gaming shenanigans.

Fingers crossed that http://store.steampowered.com/app/346930/ has some of that same gameplay flavor; it's pretty rare. 

Well Myth TFL & Myth 2 were my favorite games when I was a child, never get into multiplayer, I tried it recently but it is super hard to learn.. and I don't believe everyone has that much patiency.

Third one, Genesis Ghostbusters. Only genesis game I have beat too many times, something about it just feels right to me. 
Post A Reply:
Name:
Title:
Body:
exclamation
idea
flame
noflame
error
skull
beer
moon
pent
rocket
sheep
pacman
pig
cheese
worldcraft
gauntlet
crate
pitfall
pimp
smile
cool
sad
frown
oi
yay
tongue
evil
wink
neutral
q1
q2
q3
ut
hl
cs
doom
dkt
serious
cube
Website copyright © 2002-2017 John Fitzgibbons. All posts are copyright their respective authors.