News | Forum | People | FAQ | Links | Search | Register | Log in
Two Quoth2 Q1SP Maps, Ne_lend, Ne_doom
Both these maps were near-complete but due to something or other, never got finished.

They're done now for QExpo. Both maps require Quoth2 to run properly so make sure you've got that setup.

ne_lend - "The Living End": Meant to be played first. Large rtGnosis map.

ne_doom - "Elder World Waystation": Automatically loads after ne_lend. Medium-sized IKBase map.

Screenshots + Download: http://qexpo.tastyspleen.net/booth.php?id=123

(File is uploaded on Shub-Hub-- thanks Spirit! Couldn't get it to upload onto my QExpo booth for some reason.)
Hot Damn 
Glad I had insomnia tonight! 
Living End 
Living End looks freaking amazing. Is it based on the layout of the D2 map (which was awesome)? 
Zip Upload Problems? 
What sort of problems? 
3:30 Am -_- Zzzzzz 
tronyn: not really; the very start is similar and after that... think of it like a spiritual successor ;)

lardarse: i don't rightly know. it would sit at the upload page for a bit after i clicked the upload button and then after a while it would just dump me back to the same upload page without uploading anything (looks like it was a new page too, cause the filename was gone from the textbox). like my connection was timing out or something, but i didn't get any kind of error. it may be me, and i intend to try again tomorrow. 
Qexpo's 
already pulling out the stops!

Looks good, comments later. 
Living End 
If there were such a thing as the Quake Oscars, this map would win Best use of sound and receive huge plaudits for excelling in that much overlooked aspect of mapping. The roaring lava was most impressive.

Do I need to comment on how great the lighting was? I don't think so.

Game play was also topnotch with lots of well thought out setpieces such as the jumping knights. The room of buttons and shamblers was a bit much for me and I had to cheat myself some extra health during the second wave, but that's what you get for playing skill 3 I suppose.

I also loved the secrets, which were fairly obvious but always satisfying and very useful.

I started playing the second map and it looks like it should be a goodun, but I can't handle too much awesomeness in one go so I'll finish that later. 
Lend Is Interesting 
I like the map and the gameplay. I don't like being seperated from over 200 nails that I've packratted because the floor opens. Apart from that, it's a nice map. I'll do a more complete review of these 2 maps once I get through the second map. 
Elder World Waystation 
Architecture and concept are all once again fantastic, though the combat felt a little thin to me. I think the enforcer/soldier variations could have been used to greater effect in some of the set pieces. What did strike me as very well conceived in the combat was the constant feeling that I was about to strafe/backpedal in to the void. I guess I just would have liked a bit more basic cannon fodder in between those bits to keep me on my toes.

I didn't get any of the secrets, though I spied the yellow armor from afar and was duly tantalized. Resisted the urge to noclip and find out how to get it though, so I'll work on that when I play it again. Which I will.

Good stuff. 
Nice Maps 
First one felt like a sequel to that Hrimfaxi map. Looked a bit strange or unfamiliar with the new textures but not bad. Nice details/lights. I liked how the secrets (at least two of them) made the map feel slightly non-linear as areas were skipped. Some cool ambushes. Impressive how all that architecture fit into the limits.
Too much ammo/armor on skill 1, though. And often placed just so I had to pick it up to proceed, thus wasting most of it.

Second map was great, too. Great rotating bits and girders etc. I was surprised how faithfully their textures were aligned. The outer edges of the floor/grass could have been more refined. Cool stargate and sounds.
Good use of Quoth monsters in both maps. 
Very Nice! 
I had a great time with the 1st map, loved the visuals especially with the orange light coming off the lava and the ornate details. Combat was good too but a few places had cheap "monster teleporting in right behind you" moments that were a bit annoying. Overall thought a great map with some very original and neat ideas in it :)

I forgot to record a demo sadly but managed to do it on medium on my 1st try and it felt very balanced.

The 2nd map I didn't like so much, again it looks great with a very original take on the tried and tested ikbase set but the combat felt wrong and a bit dull in most areas. I did remember to make a demo of this one (and you can laugh at my n00bish death :D)

http://daz.quaddicted.com/files/daz_ne_doom.rar 
Thanks! 
glad everyone's enjoying the maps. :) now i need to set some time aside to play everyone else's maps! :D

sorry you didn't like the gameplay in ne_doom, daz. :) 
Nice 
Two really good maps.

Living end reminded me of a mix of Doom1 and Quake3. From the description I was expecting placeholder type gameplay, nice to be suprised. The secrets were great, as was the glowing effect to the marble type surfaces.

Waystation was good as well, but visually I found the skybox a bit offputting - the bright red and blue stuff overshadowed the subtly lit and shadowy ikbase a bit. The machinery was really well done and the lineal goal was good - turn the power on. 
Awesome 
My only minor gripe is the lack of breakables, especially in ne_doom. Technologic stuff all around and there's nothing to blow apart! The first YA secret would have been just a perfect place for one, too :p

The tower map is looking very slick so far. 
All Of This Looks Awesome 
Hows the verticalmap coming along? 
Oh No! 
You're making my map look bad. 

�k, play then both and made two demos... ne_lend i had to record from where i died but it�s first run! ne_doom is until i died very frustrated...

anyway

ne_lend is for sure one of top ten map for me in visuals and in game play man game play is outstanding... love it so much that i played 3 times :) i even forgot that was quoth...

ne_doom pure quoth... frustrated game play and slow like hell with few guns for the amount of monsters... but i love the machine in ceiling :) looked great... this one still didn�t finish :\ i will try today again... didn�t fave me as much fun as ne_lend but was a cool map to play got many nice visuals

but ne_lend man is really fucking great!!!!

P.S.-> more please!!! love the bastard a lot... i can garantie i will replay it for sure... a lot of times!

and there it goes my demos...

http://trinca.quaddicted.com/temp/ne_demos.dz

you still one of my favorit mappers... dispist all the shit that happend with base pack...

you born to map please continue! 

Damn, I am stuck at the same place where I was stuck that very very long time ago when I played a beta of this. Seems like my head has a specific route damaged which results in weird behaviour on this map...

http://s1.image.gd/o/6e/6e6bb40f5af5cbc52d9298c96e032bbae95faa5f.jpg

What am I supposed to do there? I went through that secret passage way earlier. 
Nevermind 
That certain switch to toggle the lift actually was not toggling the lift but some ambush. Stupid me. 
Thanks For The Kind Words Guys 
drew: with the extended qexpo, i want to try to finish it by the end, but we'll see.

negke: i really like the look of the screenshots on your site for your vertical map. it looks really complex and intricate; really looking forward to it.

trinca: frustrated game play and slow like hell with few guns for the amount of monsters
hehe, that's what i was going for. :P i'm glad you liked ne_lend at least. :)
i'll check out your demos when i get home, cheers! 

necros see my demo in ne_doom :\ poor me...

chif :) 
OK 
Im working on ne_lend at the mo. Loving the gothic surreal theme, also the lava-fall. I have found the YA secret (wow), but I think there is a bit more exploring to do yet, and I think that leaps of faith may be in order (?).

I keep dieing at the three shamblers on skill 3. I suppose it serves me right for playing on skill 3. Ill get it cracked soon. There's enough nails lying around. Fun gameplay!

Thanks Necros 

ne_lend is great, one of my new favorites. Great atmosphere, fun gameplay and a nice sense of dread. Top notch lighting btw, I'm pretty sure I've commented on the flat lighting in our previous maps :)

ne_doom looks great too and also has a nice atmosphere. But gameplay is annoying rather than interested IMHO, especially when you get into this map after ne_lend which is a vastly different style. Still, nice experiment. 
First Run Demo... 
...for ne_lend, skill 2, killed everyone, 2 secrets i think, never died (although I was saved by good luck more than one time)

http://shub-hub.com/files/demos_singleplayer/ci475_ne_lend.zip

When I'll have another free moment I'll record ne_doom first run, until then

Thank you necros! 
Very Good. 
I played them in REVERSE ORDER.

Ne_doom: interesting map, interesting atmosphere. The combination of generally worrying architecture and sparse combats was pretty cool, something a bit different. I fell into the void around the silver key button which was annoying. Other than that it was good gameplay with a good challenge. It felt like a sort of....warped usage of IKBase textures - less chic designs, more weirdness.

http://shub-hub.com/files/demos_singleplayer/sham_doom.dz

Ne_lend: Would win a Qoscar for the most ammo and armour per monster in a map. Not that that's a bad thing - I liked the refreshing change from the hardcore F6athons that characterise many modern maps. I played fairly cautiously but could easily have had a blast through with just as much fun. Although the end was exceptionally easy. The rest was cool and the path around the central room was great. There were plenty of cool gameplay moments too. A good map with a good Quake+ feel to it.

http://shub-hub.com/files/demos_singleplayer/sham_lend.dz 
Just Played These... 
ne_lend was nice, great visuals and good balance. More ammo than i needed, but that just made it less stressful -- i normally conserve nails and use SSG to slog through enemies when i'm not in danger of dying, and SNG when i'm in trouble, but this just let me use SNG most of the time, which was fun.

I've played a lot of "giant lava caverns with the route slowly circumnavigating the main room" levels, I guess it's almost a genre in iteself -- though i guess most of them were necros maps. (Mike Woodham has made at least one, though.) Not saying it's a bad thing, though. It's sort of the ultimate incarnation of the age-old idea of a hub that the level keeps returning to, just with the hub being a much larger area and being only accessible a little at a time.

ne_doom is cool, nice unfamiliar feeling, though the drastic reduction in ammo/health from, the previous map is a bit jarring. haven't actually finished it yet. 
Necros 
could you fix it?
demo (the void bug) ne_doom
http://shub-hub.com/files/configs/spy.rar

silly me once again i've uploaded into the wrong folder (sorry spirit) :((( 
Hardly Your Fault 
I hate that I cannot require the user to pick the directory all by himself. :\
Moved to
http://shub-hub.com/files/demos_singleplayer/spy.rar 
Re: Trinca's Demos 
it's 4am so i only watched your ne_doom demo (i'm gonna watch the rest over the weekend)

it's no wonder you were frustrated in ne_doom. you were playing with coop 1, which has about 3x as many monsters as normal single player and isn't really designed to be beaten solo (unless you die multiple times and respawn)

try with coop 0, it's a lot easier. :)

btw, just in case no one knew, ne_doom has extra monsters and more ammo for coop play. :) 
Re: Spy 
i just tried to watch your video, but it looks like it's corrupted or something.

although: if you are referring to the two pits in the NG room, yes, you're right, the trigger_voids are missing there. :( 

> although: if you are referring to the two pits in the NG room, yes, you're right, the trigger_voids are missing there. :(

yeah, correct 
Played Ne_lend 
Very nice textures/geometry/atmosphere, I liked the moving geometry too (gave it that good old DOOM feel). Combat was ok but a bit annoying in places. The shambler ambush was just ridiculous, I tried it twice and then just used god mode to get through it. (Played on skill 2). Some of the other ambushes were just a little bit annoying as well, at one point I wondered if I was playing Doom 3... ;)

Other than that it was fun, I enjoyed the abundance of ammo (I'm not an overly cautious player, so I don't like maps that are too stingy with the ammo). I found 3 secrets and got credited for 2, not sure what was up with that.

It has already been mentioned but the extra environmental sounds definitely added to the atmosphere. Lighting was quite nice too.

And hey kids, it runs in FitzQuake... win! 
Re: Demos 
k, watched the rest :) well, i couldn't watch shambler's. i got the same error as spy, so i guess it was a different engine and not corruption? i'm trying to play it in fitzquake.

in anycase, i noticed a dumb mistake on my part... the lift right at the end isn't consistent with the big round lift. the round lift is a button press lift, and the end lift is just a get-on lift, but cause of the first lift, everyone thought it was a button press lift. :( sorry!
what i'm doing now is hiding the 'recall buttons' for lifts until after the player uses it for the first time. this works better because there's no question on what to do, but then the option to recall the lift for whatever reason is still there.

also, it looks like more people find the secret path than use the normal one, lol!
i noticed right away what was happening in your demo trinca, and when i saw ci475 do it too, i knew i had screwed up.
there's confusion over route progression because after the death knight and fiend ambush, the player can go both ways-- forward and back along the normal path. :S

CI475: one thing i noticed is you seem to hate nails, or at least, hate using them :P at one point, you axed a death knight when you had 150 nails and 100 nails in boxes in front of you. :P i'll have to keep this kind of thing in mind... i might make a map with no shells or something... >:D (j/k) but yeah, kell was always on me to put more shells in my maps too. :P originally there were like half as many shells in ne_lend. :P

Frib: i try to make skill levels relative to current day's standards... i guess. i don't know if that's necessarily bad or not, but i guess it can be bad to people who are expecting one thing and get another. i'll try to go back to id standards for skill levels. :)

cheers guys! 
Excellent 
Especially ne_lend.
ne_doom looks a bit like Prey :) 

ops necros... didn�t know that :q i will try when i get back home ;) i�m in holidays out of my city :) 
Hah 
Yeah I'm just crap I guess, that's what it is. It isn't that spawning 3-6 shamblers in a very small, confined area with little to no cover and no escape route is a bit unfair. (You could duck back into the tiny hallways where the buttons were placed, sure, but there were so many shamblers that they'd come in from both sides, so you were fucked either way).

Put it this way, I had no trouble at all with the difficulty of the rest of the map, but in this one area I felt forced to use god mode (which I very rarely do) to continue, rather than quit in frustration. So regardless of how the skill levels are implemented compared to id maps, I found that one area to be very inconsistent with the rest of the map.

It's worth noting that I DID cheat past it and continue. In 90% of other maps I would have just quit... this one was good enough to bother. :) 
Ahh Ok 
i see what you're saying. :)

i usually play on normal mode, and i can only beat that fight a little more than 50% of the time.

the trick i've found is to stay in the button alcoves at the start and to try to take one shambler down asap. after that, if you stay in longer, you'll get surrounded on both sides, so you have to run out and do the 'shambler-dance' trick, except you have to remember to interpose one shambler between the other so that the lightning from the second one doesn't hit you.
if the third isn't dead but you have to run out, then it can be tough... you have to finish off the third shambler while doing the dance with another and interposing the second with the first. o.0

you can try running all the way out of the room back into the small cavern too i guess, but you'll get toasted a bit by lightning (but there's a bunch of health back where the water is).

otoh, i've had time to analyze the fight so realistically, i can't expect players to get it right away. thanks for the feedback on that fight, i'll try to keep things smoother in the future. :) 
Fair Enough 
I'm sure it was possible, but I got smashed on the first 2 attempts and wasn't keen on trying 3+ times... I'm too impatient. Besides which, I'm not a quicksaver and I tend to play through from the start again if I die.

I guess this means I can get overly frustrated in these kind of situations. If I die 3+ times I'll either give up (most maps) or I'll replay it and allow myself 2 or 3 manual saves throughout the map (only for the best maps that I'm really enjoying!)

I really wish Quake had autosave points or some other kind of checkpoint system that gave the level designer control over that kind of stuff, rather than forcing the player to worry about it. For me, manually saving breaks the immersion and feels like cheating... 
You Know... 
I really wish Quake had autosave points or some other kind of checkpoint system that gave the level designer control over that kind of stuff, rather than forcing the player to worry about it.

i just checked and there's a save command... it could be possible to have trigger_commands run the console command "save autosave" or something, it's just that the saves don't show up in the menu, so you'd have to know to type in 'load autosave' 
Yeah 
There was some discussion about this a while back, but I don't think anyone was able to come up with a fully satisfactory system with current mods and engines. 
Cool 
A great map. I loved it. Excellent gameplay lightning and architecture.
I played on skill 2 and it was real fun. There was plenty of health and always enough ammo. The ambushes were ok for me. It is a good idea to put the player under some pressure from time to time. I didn't have any problems with the shamblers but I was fully equipped at this point. I didn't find any secrets. I also liked that the quoth monsters weren't overused.
Thanks. I will replay it again for sure.
Here is my first play demo on skill 2 recorded in joequake:
http://shub-hub.com/files/demos_singleplayer/ne_lend_ankh.dz 

The shamblers on skill 2 ne_lend were a real pain in the ass for a first run, but not impossible. There were 3 or 4 cover points (the buttons with nails alcoves), for example I didn't die.

I've played also ne_doom now, very different gameplay, more claustrophobic but well balanced.

It's a very good thing that you enhanced the coop play, as I think it's very important and adds a dimension to the map, you can also play it alone this way virtually adding a "skill coop" level.

cool 
Flange. 
Frib FFS use the SNG!!!!

Necros FSS use AGLQuake to watch the demos. 

I really wish Quake had autosave points or some other kind of checkpoint system that gave the level designer control over that kind of stuff

In half-life these are trigger_autosaves. They've been on the Quoth todo list for years. Can't remember what Preach may have had to say about them, but I know I'd like to add them if they're at all possible.

necros: congrats on finally getting these two released. Been too long, eh?

Now, how about Chaosanguinarium while you're at it? ;) 
Haha 
yeah, been thinking about it, tbh, but i wanted to wait on that for a bit (i sent you an email).

anyway, i've got ne_tower (the 768x768 green sewer/medieval map atm)
all i can say about that is (and this is ironic considering i was so hesitant to add them originally): thank god for ladders. ^_^

nice to see you posting here again. :) 
The Quoth Entity That Allows Console Triggering 
should also allow you to trigger the save game cvar. At least it works that way with the console trigger you can find in one of the QuakeC patches on this mirrored site:

http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames2/quakec/

Sorry, too busy right now to hunt it down. I just remembered it worked for me when I tried it. 
Autosaving 
It is possible, but I get a save message each time it is triggered, and I do not know how to get rid of it.

Step 1. Define a new float global 'autosave' in world.qc (or defs.qc).

Step 2. (Optional) Set autosave to 0 (zero) somewhere in the worldspawn function.

Step 3. Whenever you want to autosave, add these lines:
if (!deathmatch && !coop)
{
autosave = 1;
localcmd ("save auto\n");
}
For testing, I placed the code at the end of the function 'teleport_touch', so whenever a teleporter is used, it autosaves the game.

Step 4.
In the function 'respawn' in 'client.qc', after this...
else if (deathmatch)
{
// make a copy of the dead body for appearances sake
CopyToBodyQue (self);
// set default spawn parms
SetNewParms ();
// respawn
PutClientInServer ();
}
Add this...
// Modified from here.
else
{ // Single-player
if (autosave) // Reload last auto-save point if TRUE.
localcmd ("load auto\n");
else
localcmd ("restart\n");
}

Reloads the game auto.sav. 
Found What You Are Looking For 
PM, HT 
PM: your method looks pretty good. i like that it's transparent-- the autosave is loaded on player death.

HT: dunno if that was done after or before the hipnotic xpac, but that's pretty much what they did for their trigger_command/info_command. 
Preach? 

Autosave Bleh 
step 1) design your map nicely
step 2) the player saves, if he doesn't, well bad luck
step 3) don't waste time and energy for autosaving. Jesus, this is Quake not Metal Gear on Rails 5. 
Spirit 
I see what you're saying, but I don't fully agree.

Yes, designing the map well is always the most important thing. However, not everybody likes manually saving all the time. As I said earlier, for me it breaks the immersion and feels a bit like cheating. If nothing else, people can forget and neglect to do it (especially in a really engaging map where they're having a lot of fun) then *BOOM* dead (unexpected trap or ambush). Naturally you can tune the map so that most players can get through it if they're careful, but it's never going to be perfect - player skill range is quite varied - and outside influences (getting distracted) are possible too.

The thing is, if that happens (player dies without a recent save point) - let's say after 20 minutes of gameplay, there's a good chance you'll lose him right there. If I'm faced with the prospect of playing through for another 20 minutes just to get back to where I was, I'll often just quit immediately. When this happens, it's quite possible I'll never come back to replay it (sometimes by choice, sometimes forgetfulness).

However, if there are frequent and well placed save points throughout the level, regardless of when you die you won't have to repeat a lot of gameplay to get back to where you were. In these situations, it's just a minor setback and I'll almost always just keep playing.

There's a reason why practically all modern games, even those which feature manual saves, have some kind of autosave or checkpoint system. It's a sensible and good thing that allows the player to simply enjoy the game without thinking about saving, and ensures that frustration is minimized in the event of player death. 
McFrib? 
Yeah hitting F6 occasionally (I usually find obvious ambush rooms or pathways over lava to be a good cue) is so hard... 
Well 
You can add stuff to your map that makes an upcoming danger obvious. "quake guy's inner dialog", "message from the omniscient worldspawn entity", "now you are gonna die!!! ololol!!1", music/sounds, a telegib in front of you, architecture that screams "DANGERDANGERDANGER!", anything like that.

For me a "your game was just saved because there will be an ambush in a moment so make sure you are prepare and don't frightened or be surprised" message is the ultimate tension killer.

It's a personal thing I guess, but for me manually saving is much less immersion breaking than seeing a game autosaving for you because it knows you might die in a moment. 
...about The Axe 
Somethimes in sp I use it because I know that I've damaged the monster enough so that 1 or 2 axe hits will kill it, and I'm so used to have few nails that in close combat I often use double barraled or axe, in this case there were no shells so... And I think it's fun to give the final blow with the axe :)-- 
Shambler 
I don't have F6 or any autosave key bound :(

Autosave messages don't necessarily have to be broadcast, in a game like Quake you probably wouldn't even notice any chugging indicative of disk access that you might see in a modern game.

Mock me all you want (BRING IT ON BITCHES!) but all I'm saying is an autosave system for Quake would be a nice thing to have. Ideally one which is transparent to the player. It'd just there as a fallback in case there's no recent manual save. 
Also 
Let's see an honest show of hands, how many of you have quit maps after dying without a recent save, and never come back to it?

I'll be very surprised if this isn't a common thing... but maybe I'm just soft... ;) 
*Raises Hand* 
I'd like to see a transparent checkpoint system. Obviously a talented mapper would use it sparingly just as a talented player should use quicksave sparingly. 
Ricky? 
I don't know what you want me for, PM posted the perfect way of how to do autosaves...

As I remember, the discussion before was whether you could "hack" autosave into a map just using trigger_command, and the answer was not quite. You could make an entity that explicitly saved for the player, but not have it load if you died. With a bit of code and a specialised entity the game saved message is the only "problem" I can see with it. 
Autosave 
The only time I'd want it, is when I forget to autosave at the start of a map and hit quickload instead of fire, so end up loading some other completely different map.

The problem with implementing autosaves into the map is that not all mappers will use it, and those that do will use it differently.

That's for checkpoints in a map, at least. Having an autosave created upon loading a map, or at other obvious cut points, would be better. I can't think of any other good points to have the thing. Defeating a boss - usually at the end. Surviving a certain trap, maybe.

And they would need to be broadcast. If quake freezes for a second without any explanation then it's going to cause confusion and/or worry, especially if the user hasn't read the readme.

I think we should all chip in and buy Fribbles a new keyboard instead. 
Hah 
My keyboard is fine, thank you. It does have an F6 key. It has many other keys that'd do the job too. Keyboards are good like that. :)

However, I have a frib.cfg file with all my settings in it. I've been using that for what, a decade now. I have config.cfg as read-only so other mods and engines can't fuck with it. It also means that when I do load a new mod/engine and have no keys set up, I can just exec that file.

Problem is my config was set up for deathmatch and has only what's required from that mode as well as some developer commands bound for testing maps.

I don't use quicksave/load in most games anyway though, the keys are usually positioned next to each other and I end up doing what you just mentioned (hitting load at the wrong time, instead of save). When I do save/load I usually go through the menu, which is tedious and in many games, slow. 
As For The Maps... 
I started ne_doom but haven't played through much of it yet. I really liked the skybox and the architecture, ammo and weapons certainly seem pretty scarce though.

*spoiler alert* I died a few times and then spent a little while fucking around trying to get to that YA secret by jumping to it from the outside. I got it in the end, but then realized there was an easy way to get it from inside... haha.

Gotta play the map properly soon. Really nice atmosphere... I'm "feeling it" even more so than in ne_lend, though it looks like it'll be tougher to play. 
Heh 

Game Saved Message... 
you could flush the con_notify with 4 blank lines to keep "game saved" off the screen, i think. 
I Think... 
you guys are being dorks for the sake of being dorks. :P

the method PM posted is perfect-- it's completely transparent for the player. now when he presses mouse 2 or whatever to reload the map, he'll be pleasantly surprised he doesn't have to redo the whole thing over again.
also, who says you have to autosave *right* before a big fight? autosave at intelligent points, not obvious ones.

when you consider the length of a lot of maps these days, this kind of thing makes perfect sense.

besides, if you really don't want to use it, just hit your quickload button then.

if you are some kind of masochist and want to start over completely, this is the only legitimate concern. you'd have to type in 'restart' manually. 
. . . Awww 
My excuse, I didn't refresh the browser before I found that qc file, so I didn't see his post before hand. 
Ummm 
bind "F6" "quicksave"
bind "F9" "quickload"
bind "F7" "say: woohoo I can save now" 
Yeah :)
w(hy)tf not? 
Yeah Yeah 
I'm being willfully ignorant not having (and using) quicksave buttons, but that's my right as a semi-retarded product of my generation! 
Here, I Went One Better 
Thanks for the help Shambler, I refined the script somewhat... here's what I have now:

alias sham1 "say Shambler; bind F6 sham2"
alias sham2 "say loves; bind F6 sham3"
alias sham3 "say the; bind F6 sham4"
alias sham4 "say cock; bind F6 sham1"

bind "F6" "sham1" 
Hahaha 
cunt :P 
Ne_tower 
where do I get the ne_tower level pls? I like screenshots a lot but do not see any download link. is the level finished already? can you send it to me to jardomir.b@seznam.cz please? THANKS a lot. 
Jaromir83 
Really?

The link to the qexpo page is at the top of this one, go there and click 'download both maps'. 
Bah 
I'm a dunce.

Haven't finished my morning coffee yet.

I checked Quaddicted and it doesn't appear to be there. 
That Might Have Something To Do With... 
...the fact that he hasn't finished it yet? 
Coffee Finished 
Repeat: dunce :P 
Also Consume Water 
coffee - water - coffee - water - coffee - water and so on

So you dont pee yourself to death! 
Way Ahead Of You 
And I'll stop spamming this thread now. 
Sorry If I Wasn't Clear On The Site, 
i'm still working on it and plan to have it done by the end of qexpo :)

i don't want to update the booth just for that though because it'll put it on the updated booth list for nothing. 
Heh 
I'm doing these based on my memory of playing them from about a week ago. Both maps played on normal.

ne_lend: A nice map. Somewhat linear, though. My first runthrough had floor open up on me after the shamblers leaving me no chance to get nail ammo, and that put me on the back foot for the rest of the map, although I did manage to get most of th way through before dying in the finale. Once I did complete the map, I found the ending slightly disappointing; would've been nice to have something more after opening the door. Would recommend either playing this at either your usual skill level, or one lower.

ne_doom: The harder of the 2 maps. Start is interesting (with having someone follow you through), however someone in #qexpo discovered that he was easily telefraggable. A much harder progression, due to gaunts being a slightly tougher enemy than would be expected so early in a map. The jump to the silver key switch is difficult (and back feels harder), and then a nasty edie trap (very nasty if you're not expecting it) will probably end your attempt fairly quickly (unless you enter that area backwards, that is :-P ). After going up the tower, it's not obvious how to disable the trap at the top, and the trap renders the fiends somewhat useless, except as warnings. The ending is also tough, although it probably needs to be to retain a difficulty progression. Would recommend playing this map one skill level below usual. 
2 New Reviews: 
both these maps now reviewed at my site:

http://underworld.planetquake.gamespy.com/index.html 

Hi there :)

Today was playing again this great map )my top 3 map)and found a bug

zomgggg a bug in Necros maps? :) almost impossible :)

http://trinca.no.sapo.pt/joequake001.jpg

But still one of my favorit!

U rock Necros :) 
Heh 
i hate those light fixtures. they were such a cheesy way of putting in lights. they don't integrate with the surrounding brushwork at all. 

that's what happens when you hire Strogg contractors to install the lighting in your ancient castle... 

Sock just to let you know...

my favorit map in terms of gameplay this is a BLAST (ne_lend)

maby to many nails but is a dawn furious fun map with great visuals. 
Hahaha 
Sock is probably getting exhausted! 

then we will stop playing Quake for the next 10 years :) in 2020 he will return ;) 

then "HE"

sorry :� my english still suck hard 
Just A Random Reminder 
this was my #1 vote for map of the year when it came out. This is the kind of map I want to play, and play more of. Basically, clone necros. 
Awesomeness 
Awesome stuff. Just heard about this from Daz's latest video and so instead of watching that I thought I'd play the thing myself. Played on Easy, because I'm a big simpering fanny, but I still had a brilliant time.

These maps are mega atmospheric and awesome!

ne_lend has probably got the biggest concentration of ambushes I've seen in a single map - in fact I think every encounter was some sort of arse-puckering ambush - and I liked it; I felt like I was being toyed with by some playfully malevolent Quake Lord, who could erase me from existance in an instant if he really wanted to, but instead he decided to bat me around a bit with his paws like a cat playing with a mouse - except this cat's paws are made of Shamblers. Shamblers with Vorelings sellotaped to their nipples.

ne_doom was a very unique-looking and interesting epilogue to this release and I loved the continuity with the slipgate (hellknight following me through to push my shit in), as well as all the cool and eldritch moving and rotating thingies. 
Kinn 
ne_tower follows ne_doom, so maybe try that next. 
Ne_tower 
indeed it does - I will be posting my thoughts on that at some point :} 
Post A Reply:
Name:
Title:
Body:
exclamation
idea
flame
noflame
error
skull
beer
moon
pent
rocket
sheep
pacman
pig
cheese
worldcraft
gauntlet
crate
pitfall
pimp
smile
cool
sad
frown
oi
yay
tongue
evil
wink
neutral
q1
q2
q3
ut
hl
cs
doom
dkt
serious
cube
Website copyright © 2002-2017 John Fitzgibbons. All posts are copyright their respective authors.