I like the shapes of the rooftops, nice and curvy. Not so crazy about hoard combat, trying to dance with two fiends when a third rudely cuts in, but it is pretty well balanced from what I have seen so far, I was just sloppy and out of gaming shape. It kind of reminds me of a Mark Shawn style level with the open arenas and niches on the side that open up more arena combat areas. The insult at the end is for how you place that knight that got a whack out of me. I had no idea the next few seconds later would end in an ass raping.
Cheers, and enjoy.
NFTW or whatnot for those with lil' chillins watching the demo.
Finally Played It...
- good lighting indoors, outdoors the flat lighting combined with everything being the same color to make it harder to really enjoy the geometry.
- didn't find the nailgun until halfway through (since i early on got trapped in a side area)
- monster placement was solid
- only found one secret (crate climbing to quad)
- was confused about the door in the back... earlier i thought it was a gold key door, later it opened for me. Maybe it was button operated?
- tunnels under the main courtyard were cool, wish there was more to this section
- overall structure of the map felt good, central courtyard with the tomb and the long spiral down, basement area, rooftop exit, etc.
- i wish it was a bit less symmetrical. Symmetrical maps are best when the two sides are different and distinct, worst when the same exact geometry and monster placement is repeated on both sides. This had some of bad symmetry, some good.
- did you intend for the two lofts in the final room to be easily connected? Made it trivial to hit both switches, i would have expected to have to go back downstairs and up the other side to get both buttons.
- there was the right amount of ammo; i did run out a few times but it was mainly because i had missed a box earlier.
As I Said Previously
this is your best map to date
here is a small demo(amateurish) skill 0
138/140 0 secrets found, i believe its 3rd attempt, but it's still a lil' bit dark for me
Hipnotic Required To Watch The Demo :((((
Nice demo Spy but skill 0 is for noobs!!!
did you intend for the two lofts in the final room to be easily connected? Made it trivial to hit both switches, i would have expected to have to go back downstairs and up the other side to get both buttons.
yes to make the gameplay more easy with voreballs everywhere
tunnels under the main courtyard were cool, wish there was more to this section
i wish to had the possibility to add more but maxsurfaces were killing me
good lighting indoors, outdoors the flat lighting combined with everything being the same color to make it harder to really enjoy the geometry.
big outside areas are always hard to detail i will not repeat large areas like this size for a long time! i don�t have necros or hrim experience...(two genius)
Anyway thks all for playing and will be more for sure, smaller maps but it will be more!
Nice demo Spy but skill 0 is for noobs!!!
Trinca your maps are too hard for me :)))
Not everybody has been playing Quake for 12 years, 6 hours per day.
Just like no one has played chess for 1000 years.
Playing an unknown map for the first time, I don't think skill 0 is any sign that you're a girl (...). The skill levels are there for a reason (although some of us are lazy and don't include them in their maps :-P).
Things like these should be obvious, but apparently they aren't. The assumption that you have to play on skill 3 to be considered a man (vs. a girl) fits this community like "a fist to the eye" as we say here.
I know you didn't mean it like that Trinca, but this is the internet.
of course i didn�t :p
i always play on hard because i�m use to... and i rarely died at start...
only in maps real real hard
The map has been added to the Speeddemosarchive.
yeee thks cool now i will have lots of demos to watch ;)
hope to record some goods...
excellent map, I like the texture set that isn't used much and -I loved the consistent brushwork style. Lots of fun fights always with enought healty
Nice Selfpimping Trinca
pretty fuckin awesome. the kind of map I'd hope to produce if I ever made a real map.
at least you have hope :p
I quit hope!
circus! hahaha! wow some people want to omg i think im emote ^.^ true , i so agree wit u
cute but boring but i´ll rate 5/5 ***** thats like something from a horror film I must know were you got that sofa.
Where did you get that sofa? Is it a prefab?
cool, your youtube comment generator, you worked on it!