Okay So After 3 Months Of Deliberation, I Went For:
Intel Core i7-6700HQ Quad Core Processor
17.3" Full HD Screen with Wide View Angle
Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
16GB DDR4 RAM
128GB SSD PCI-e + 1000GB 7200RPM HDD
Dedicated GeForce GTX 970M 6GB Graphics
USB3 | HDMI | Bluetooth | DisplayPort | G-Sync
With the intention to upgrade to a 980M or better in 3-4 years time. Maybe add another SSD if needed.
- It's probably heavier than my desktop tower despite being 1/3 the size.
- Keyboard is cramped.
- Win 10 is butt-ugly compared to Win7 Aero.
- Stuff still doesn't load that quick despite RAM + SSD.
- SSD gets full pretty quick given 50 GB is reserved for OS and games are fucking massive these days.
- DVDR drive seems to flick open even if you just look at it.
+ Really quiet under normal usage.
+ Build quality feels good.
+ Screen is super-crisp.
+ Audio settings are good (and onboard sound is okay).
+ Works smoothly with peripherals connected.
+ Runs early areas of DOOM4 on High settings with no slowdowns (may change in later areas).
+ Runs the slow-loading / chugging areas of DS3 (Lothric Castle and Dancer bonfire which took 20 seconds of chugging to load on low settings on old PC) flawlessly on Max settings.
+ Wifi connector is at least as fast as old PC's direct ethernet connection to router.
+ Boots quickly.
+ Came with almost no fuckware apart from Norton.
So far so good I guess!