News | Forum | People | FAQ | Links | Search | Register | Log in
Chotex Jam For Arcane Dimensions -- Released!
Quake map pack for the Arcane Dimensions mod using the new chotex texture wad. Nine levels (including start map) from Blaze, Chris Holden, FifthElephant, Greenwood, Ish, Omni, PoolboyQ, Pinchy, Quasiotter

download
poster

No posts yet on this? 

The new mappers don't care about func. 
Here's A Playthrough 
100% Nightmare For Ish's Map 
Patch Released 
http://www.quaketastic.com/files/single_player/maps/chotex_patch.zip

Was originally intended to be DLC but there wasn't enough interest. Start map has a couple of fixes, some extra detail and there's also a patched up version of Greenwoods map and Pinchys map.

Enjoy. 
My Thoughts So Far... 
I've only played through two maps, Greenwood's and Chris Holden's, and they feature everything I'd expect from great Quake maps: interesting architecture and encounters, well-kept secrets, and this texture wad seems to have really inspired them to experiment. My only concern: in Holden's map, there's no need for either silver or gold key if you rocket jump (with grenade launcher) in the silver key area onto a jutting stone and jump up onto the second level. The set-up is so inviting, and jutting stones are such an important feature of the map, that I thought I would find a secret, but instead skipped the silver and gold key gates. 
You must be logged in to post in this thread.
Website copyright © 2002-2020 John Fitzgibbons. All posts are copyright their respective authors.