|Posted by dumptruck_ds on 2018/09/27 09:17:56|
|progs_dump is a QuakeC compilation intended to give Quake mappers more creative options than “vanilla” Quake, while retaining the look, feel and gameplay of the original.
* trigger spawned monsters
* custom sounds (ambient and triggered)
* custom models and sprites with optional animation frames
* multiple targets, targetnames and killtargets
* custom trigger_push (can be used for water currents, et al.)
* enhanced triggers (start off and is_waiting flag to delay triggering)
* enhanced plats (toggle, start at bottom, etc.)
* trigger_setgravity (on player and / or monsters)
* trigger_usekey (trigger volume that requires a key to fire)
* tele_fog (play teleport effect e.g. disappearing monsters)
* Rotfish fixes
Sample Maps by Ionous, Mclogenog and dumptruck_ds
Please read the manual for full details.
NOTE: If you use this DevKit, your map should be released as a stand-alone mod and installed into its own folder in the Quake directory. This is not intended to be a mod that people make and release content for.
Ionous' 2nd map
There will be some bugs. I'll do my best to keep this updated regularly. I hope you find it useful!
4mb download on Quaketastic.
Or on Dropbox
Source on Github
Good catch. All of the above makes total sense. Thank you for such a detailed explanation.
No problem. progs_dump is a really good resource for mappers. Happy to give whatever help I can.
I've identified some other bugs, which don't require as much explanation as the above, all of which seem fixable.
I'd like to send suggestions as to how to fix them -- what's the best way to do this? Should I do the whole GitHub thing where I send you a pull request for each fix? Or would it be better if I just email you with descriptions and code snippets?
I am traveling soon so I may not merge them for a week or longer. Thanks.
Cool -- it'll probably be a good few days before I'm in a position to start uploading to GitHub in any case. Hope you have pleasant travels.
progs_dump devkit version 1.1.1
is available with lots of bug fixes thanks to QuakeC MVP iw
DOE's multi-floor elevators have been added with bug fixes and improvements. A demo map is included.
If you are currently working with 1.1.0, I highly recommend porting your mod over to this version.
* Added func_elvtr_button and ELEVATOR functionality to func_new_plat (iw)
* Fix Fiends never going into their pain animation (iw)
* Fix a critical bug involving func_elvtr_button (iw)
* Address various FTEQCC warnings (iw)
* Fix kill count bug with trigger-spawned Rotfish (iw)
* Fixed qc syntax errors in monsters.qc (iw)
* Fix various issues involving gravity and ladders (iw)
* Make trigger_ladder ignore bad (up/down) angles (iw)
* Fix items not respawning in deathmatch mode (iw)
* Fix a "friendly monster" bug in trigger spawned monsters (iw)
* Fix pain_target never firing in some cases (iw)
* Fix item_health collision with BSP model entities (iw)
* Fix the weapon_shotgun spawnflag test (iw)
* Allow "wait" to be set for elevators (iw)
* other tweaks to DOE elevator code in doeplats.qc (iw)
* pd_elevator demo level (iw)
Source is included and can also be found on GitHub
@Preach - you may want to take a look at the commit re: the trigger spawned Rotfish. iw found an interesting issue and the solution is well documented.
The next release of pd_ will focus on adding coop spawnflags and possibly new coop features.
Sorry I meant this commit here.
Is It Possible?
Moving static entities?
Ummm not sure about that - what would you use them for?
Just A Thought...
Decoration for things like a group of fishes. It was my struggle when I made beez. They were bounded by a bouncing box. Or a turning satellite.
New Video Series For Pd_
Here's a playlist
for a new series of videos on progs_dump. Will explore the features and show how to set them up. Also will examine mods and packs that use the devkit. Aimed at new mappers but good info dumps for the experienced mapper as well.
3 videos now and more to come.
progs_dump Version 1.1.2 is live
Download it here
This release includes a new sample map pd_lightning
, that displays the lightning trap entities in more detail in addition to the trap_shooter_triggered entity.
Here's the changelog:
* Added newflags.qc (iw)
* Added new spawnflags (iw)
4096 Not in Coop
8192 Not in Single Player
32768 Not on Hard Only
65536 Not on Nightmare Only
* Fixed collision issues in trap_shooter, trap_spikeshooter, trap_switched_shooter
* Added workaround for if(string) engine bug (iw)
* Added function SUB_UseAndForgetTargets() to subs.qc (iw)
* Fixed sight_target firing targets multiple times (iw)
* Fixed pain_target not using targetname2/3/4 (iw)
* Fixed messages not displaying with sight_trigger (iw)
* Make weapons fire their targets in Coop and DM2 modes (iw)
* Prevent keys firing multiple targets multiple times in Coop (iw)
* Fixes to func_bob (iw)
* Fixed messages not displaying with func_counter (iw)
* Fixed "delay" making func_counter not work (iw)
* Added SUB_DislodgeRestingEntities to subs.qc (iw)
* Fixed func_breakable debris sometimes floating (iw)
* Added pd_lightning demo map
* Fixed func_laser audio issue when used with func_counter
* Added GNU License and source to my_mod directory
More updates will be coming in the weeks ahead but we wanted these bug fixes available as soon as possible.
A HUGE thank you to iw for all his hard work improving this mod!
In my enthusiastic rush to get version 1.1.2 of the devkit out the door I neglected to document the new spawflags iw has generously coded in. Here are the comments from the newflags.qc for everyone's reference. I will update the manual with this same info soon and share it.
NEW SPAWNFLAGS FOR ALL ENTITIES
This file was created for progs_dump by Ian "iw" Walshaw, August 2019.
It defines functions which can be called to implement the following new
4096 Not in Coop
8192 Not in Single Player
32768 Not on Hard Only
65536 Not on Nightmare Only
(Spawnflag 16384 is not used here because it's already used for
something else in progs_dump.)
The new spawnflags complement and complete the set of built-in
spawnflags provided by the engine, which of course are:
256 Not on Easy
512 Not on Normal
1024 Not on Hard or Nightmare
2048 Not in Deathmatch
In conjunction with the old spawnflags, the new spawnflags make it
possible to exclude any entity from any combination of game modes and/or
"Not in Coop" and "Not in Single Player"
These spawnflags were inspired by Quoth 2 (Kell and Necros, 2008), which included two additional spawnflags for all entities: "Not in Coop" and
"Coop Only". In contrast to Quoth 2, the spawnflags implemented here
are "Not in Coop" and "Not in Single Player", for symmetry with the
built-in "Not in Deathmatch" spawnflag.
"Not on Hard Only" and "Not on Nightmare Only"
The set of built-in spawnflags doesn't allow a mapper to treat the Hard
and Nightmare skill levels differently, because it only includes one
spawnflag, 1024, which excludes an entity from both Hard and Nightmare.
The new "Not on Hard Only" and "Not on Nightmare Only" spawnflags allow
the mapper to exclude an entity from one of these skill levels without
affecting the other.
New Episode Of The Progs_dump Series
Here's a new video
that covers some of the big fixes and features of the latest version 1.1.2
This goes into detail on the lightning trail entities (ltrail) from Quake's 2nd mission pack, Dissolution of Eternity.
NOTE: As I type this, the video is still uploading. Should be up within an 1/2 hour of this post.
I can confirm that, as far as rotating entities are concerned, they are really simple to use in H2.
But unfortunately for engine related reasons:
1. Make your entity out of one or more brushes.
2. Add one more cubic brush whose texture is the special ORIGIN texture.
3. The rotation will occur around one of the 3 axis X, Y or Z going through the center of that origin brush, according to which flag you set on your func_door_rotating entity.
If I'm correct, there is no special ORIGIN texture supported in Quake, hence no rotating doors or trains or whatever. :-(
Maybe a point entity with an "origin" property could be used instead, if correctly identified as the rotating door's "origin" thanks to some property? And then HexenC code could be adapted and work?
That doesn't necessarily sound like a loosing battle since QuakeC actually has a SUB_CalcAngleMove function with rotating capabilities...
Sorry, I was confused by the forum GUI and my message comes faaaar too late. Sorry again! :-(
Thanks anyway, man!
It's cool to know how other games deals with rotating brushes.
Fortunately Dumptruck already implemented rotating brushes to this mod =D
Sorry - This Is A Cross Post
is now available.
This is a special edition for the upcoming April Fool's jokejam.
Please read the readme and manual for complete details. New and updated features are highlighted in the manual.
ALWAYS START A NEW FOLDER WHEN USING PROGS_DUMP.
DO NOT COPY THESE FILES OVER AN EXISTING VERSION.
Version 1.1.3 is still in development and with any luck, will be released within the next month.
Bump For Kinker31
@Kinker31 (thanks For The Bump Shambler)
Version 1.1.3 is still in progress. I am hoping to do a beta or similar sometime in September.
Some new features:
1.1.3 July 2020
* Added trigger_changemusic and trigger_cdtrack
* Added trigger_look from NullPointPaladin
* Added new features to trigger_teleport from Zerstörer
* including "stealth" teleporting (no sound or particles) and random destinations
* Added Monster only spawnflag to trigger_teleport
* Added info_teleport_changedest from Qmaster
* this allows mappers to dynamically change the destination of a trigger_teleport
* Added trigger_heal from Custents mod
* Replaced default id1-style noclip behavior with Copper's version
* players will not interact with any touchable objects while in noclip
and a tentative to-do list:
to-do list for 1.1.3 -- WIP and subject to change!
*alternate monster attacks (in progress)
*trigger_script based on cutscene sdk for custom messages
*custom monster sounds
*custom monster models
*custom backpack entity
*custom item drop (e.g. monster drops a key)
*play_debris (trigger debris without breakables)
*complete .def file
*add lspike.mdl and mervbomb.mdl to official assets
I forgot to add cutscenes are now working. I surveyed a bunch of methods and ended up using the cutscenes from the Drake Beta devkit.
Progs_dump V120 Release Candidate 1
After nine months of development a new version of progs_dump is almost ready!
This is a release candidate intended for testing and to preview new features. The final version should be available on December 4th if everything goes as planned.
Please make sure and read the readme and check out the newly expanded manual. There are a ton of new, unique features in this release in addition to some classics from other mods. I am excited to share iw's amazing custom monster code that allows mappers to replace models and sounds easily. This along with some other modifiers allows mappers to make mini-bosses and a larger variety of monsters without any coding. There will be much more info as the weeks progress but for now, check out this new massive release.
Bug reports can be made right here or on GitHub
Or on the Quake Mapping Discord.
Downloads available on Quaketastic
Manual Title Page
The official release will feature updates to the manual, more information on creating custom monsters and a bunch more I am forgetting at the moment. Stay tuned for updates.
Hellrath Plug-in Monster
One of the the new features of progs_dump is an easy way to plug in models and sounds to existing monsters to make variants without coding. These variants are not replacements but live along side the original entities. Here's
a "plug-in" monster that mappers can easily add to their progs_dump projects. I am planning on making more of these and hopefully, others will too.
This one is called a "Hellrath"
and uses a monster_shalrath as a base. Voreballs are now made of lava and do 1.5 damage above the standard voreball. It uses Chillo's "breasted" version of the Shalrath with some lame skin edits by me. Also some new sounds and 600 HP.
Next Version Delayed
I know a couple of people who aren't on Discord may follow development here so a little update:
First, I am a bit behind where I need to be to get this next version out. So the tentative release date is now December 11th.
Second, if you are using Version 1.2.0 RC1, be advised the spawnflags for the item_backpack have changed. The item wasn't really ready in RC1 anyway so I doubt this will affect anyone. But thought it best to share the info.
We have some nice new skins for item_backpack by "starshipwaters" but you are of course free to use any model/skin you want by setting the mdl_body
additional Grunt skin
Bah! Another Delay
This should be the last delay for anyone waiting on the next version of the devkit. A little feature creep, some bug fixes and million little things are causing delays. It won't be long. Still plan on releasing this before the new year.
Will update when I have more info but the delay is going to be worth it.
You must be logged in to post in this thread.
Website copyright © 2002-2021 John Fitzgibbons. All posts are copyright their respective authors.