Say your new video, you got the stratos's projectile working?
I'm working on a boss map with heart and worm. It becomes a little tricky as I see no way to make a player sink through a haunting worm basebox. There shall be a work around for ir, but I'm still searching.
When I started the mod I was planning to convert the monster files. Didn't had the idea to make it solid for an end boss.
I think that end boss fight needs to be redesigned anyway, since if you maintain the "Player jumping into worm" mechanic, the worm must be really small. Thw worm needs to be same size as shub.
Can you do a picture of shub and the worm next to each other?
It's possible to make the bouncing box of the Worm shrimp to a one unit tall. Point is to make a clipping brush under it to vanish on the moments its mouth is wide. For now I haven't found a workaround to use a clipbrush. When I use a func door the model falls through it.
I noticed in alkaline there is an new explosion sprite which does the require the particle effects. Maybe you can use this sprite to solve the Problem of the explosion particles not appearing.
Error In Quakespasm And Ironwail
In Quakespasm 0.94.3 and Ironwail 0.6.0. when loading the test81 map, I get a hard crash to the desktop with this exception:
posenum >= MAXALIASFRAMES
I assume this means there are too many frames in one or more of the models. This loads in Mark V r4, Quakespasm-Spiked and FTEQW.
I'll See To It.
As far as I know all models were bound to 255 frames.
I had only quakes past 0.94.2 when testing.
I checked all the models, but couldn't find one with more than 200 frames. Some with a double skin file, but after they were removed the message kept coming back.
Then checked on another computer with quakespasm_0.94.2, and there was nothing wrong with that. I suspect that something is happening with the updates that causes this error.
Probably a case of fix this issue, break that one.
The 255 frame limit comes from the protocol; frame numbers are sent to the client as unsigned bytes.
I believe Ironwail now defaults to 999. Would that have an effect?
Yes, 999 is based on 666 which allows up to 64k frames by adding an (optional) extra byte to the frame number in the protocol. You'll probably run out of memory before you run out of frames.
Ironwail does have a hard-coded MAXALIASFRAMES of 256, and does do a bounds-check on that which causes the Sys_Error; that came into QS in version 0.94.0 as well, according to the change log, and this is the source of the crash-to-desktop and associated message.
I guess that upper-bound needs to be changed in both engines as both 666 and 999 can exceed it. I'll log a bug for Ironwail.
MAXALIASFRAMES check was added to prevent out-of-bounds access to poseverts[MAXALIASFRAMES] array:
I'm A Fool
alright. After checking out all updates from quakespasm 0.94.0 to 0.94.4 I blew up my own configuration where it just runned the mod fine.
This was with protocol666.
Is my mod corrupted, or was I to lame to see why all concerns people made with complaints my fault?
How can I change the protocol 15 to 666, or isn't this possible as the code is hard edged?
I feel a bit noob, as I get the feeling I'm a victim of novilty?
You can change the protocol with sv_protocol 15 for example in the console. Do a restart after entering it. Thanks to mh Andrei has increased this to 1024 in a commit. So next release this won't be an issue.
Thanks for the clarification @mh and @szo
I can reset my fitzquake0.85 to sv_protocol 666 as much as I want, but after a reset it stays this way one time.
As soon as I try to play the mod it bounces back to 15, reclaring back the error.
Wish I never tried the update.
a potential problem is the config.cfg being different between id1 and your mod. Not sure about this, but I think when switching games in quakespasm it reloads the config from the new mod folder, which could set your sv_protocol back to 15 even if id1 has the protocol set to 666. Then when you quit the game, it writes a config file but only to the current mod folder. Try using a text editor and editing config.cfg in both id1 and your mod folder to have the correct sv_protocol
On another computer my quakespasm_0.92 used protocol 666. Until I installed the updates.
I will try with Teath, see what it will do.
It could be done with a config.cfg in the mod itself.
Remaster Planned In October
I'll return to my old school.
Doesn't Look Too Remastered To Me
More like a re-release. At least I can't see any significant visual improvements.
Yep, it's more like what Nightdive did with Quake.
I think they are just fixing compatibility issues between Chasm and Windows like mouse input, resolution, framerate, sound delay, etc..