but that's assuming that whatever else he would have put out wouldnt have been as great.
yeah, i was thinking about that. i wanted to make something different all the time ;)
Nastrond At SDA...
...why?? The speedrunning potential is total suck. Run (long and boring) to GL, run back (long and boring) to GJ to gold key, run (less long but still boring) to exit and GJ.
Why the hell did RPG and I have to hassle you to add Could which has obviously good potential, and yet you add Nastrond straight away which has obviously bad potential?? With all due respect sometimes you lot seem like, well, idiots.
Several reasons including, but not limited to...
* You didn't have to hassle us. You chose to. You could have just suggested it once. And even that would have been unnecessary as we had every intention of adding it. I told you as much on the messageboard. Paraphrased ICQ conversation...
"Shall we add could?"
"I'm too busy now."
"I was going to add some maps next week, lets do it then."
* Nastrond is fun to do demos on. Maybe not so much to watch, but fun to do.
* Paraphrased ICQ conversation from yesterday...
"Shall we add Nastrond?"
"I can add it to the tables right now."
"I'm writing an update at the moment. I'll mention it."
* SDA moves in mysterious ways, it's wonders to perform.
* Before we add ANY map I always sacrifice a ram to Bel and read the auguries. When I performed the rite for could.bsp there was a dark streak across it's liver, and I think we all know what that means.... Hardly auspicious! :-) The gods were clearly signalling that we should delay. I dropped the intestines and they landed in 12 loops, thus we delayed adding it for 12 days.
* We thought you were being ironic. When you demanded that we add it immediately we assumed that you were using your legendary humour to indicate to us that in fact you'd rather we DIDN'T add it. Boy did we feel silly when we realised.
* We were waiting for you to send us a demo so that we could post it at the same time as we added the map.
* My wife tells me that dinner's ready. Shame, I was just getting in to this. I "could" (LOL! Now _that's_ funny!) have carried on all night.
If you require further clarification I will be happy to oblige. Also, note how I wrote this whole reply without insulting anyone or finding the need to call them a spiteful, childish name. ;-)
"and yet you add Nastrond straight away which has obviously bad potential?? With all due respect sometimes you lot seem like, well, idiots."
Bad potential? Obviously YOU'RE the idiot!!
....prove me wrong fat boy. If there is a new exciting route I didn't see I will be genuinely entertained to see it.
P.S. Morfans is that multiple choice?? Any prizes for the correct guess??
I Am Bored.
sda > shambler.
plus morfans and stubby are funniier than you too.
possibly in the style of a 19th or early 20th century carnival:
Russian mappers and their many admirers are asked to kindly direct their attention to a review of the aforementioned map, "Nastrond".
BTW For The Ending
4 vores and 2 fiends.
and some nails. :)
ok, i'll cram the horde of the monsters for you into the next map if it'll exist. don't cry then ;)
i wont cry.
i'll be smiling as i take them down. :)
"the next map"
We will all hold you to that!!
"if it'll exist."
And we will all disregard that, as the ramblings of a man under pressure from the throng.
"under pressure from his thong"?
First batch of Nastrond speedrun demos are up at SDA.
I'd put a link here but I don't know how to put links into posts. :-)
I found out how to do hyperlinks and posted a link while I was off having a dump. That was clever of me.
Just curious. Who did it?
And yes, i'm pleased :)
Now, go make faster runs! :)
Your welcome :)
Pretty In Pink.
Whoever did that Easy run should have their bollocks chopped off. Don't people have any shame any more?? The end trick was neat though.
N 100% was quite entertaining - I knew there had to be some bloody "tiny little texture difference tucked away in dark corner" secret somewhere.
Well, I can see running on this map is going to be a real fertile garden of radical improvements, route choices, and trick optimisation....*cough*. Go do more Could runs.
Vondur - I love you and I want to have your little gothic ruskie babies.
This Is A Title
Vondur, your map inspired me a lot. Great work! Hope I'll finish my own q1sp :)