#2 posted by Shambler
on 2004/01/02 13:00:43
ROFL it changed my name back from Bal! Damnmit it would have worked perfectly otherwise!
#3 posted by R.P.G.
on 2004/01/02 13:13:58
* Finish more maps than I start.
* Get this gift GameCube hooked up in some way to my computer.
* Play lots of really cool games on the GameCube.
#6 posted by DaZ
on 2004/01/02 14:04:07
finish crdm3, finish tnj, finish dazsp4.
Finish learning doom3 editing before the game comes out so that I am ready to be sweet. Perhaps learn Unreal Tournament editor, I've dicked around loads with it but never actually built anything properly.
Replay KOTOR as dark side.
persuade cardo to do an animated gif for the next installment of the cardorpg series.
#7 posted by Blitz on 2004/01/02 15:04:07
I'm gonna finish my first Q1DM, and if it's up to par, I'll release it.
I also wanna save up enough money to buy a new comp so I can play D3 and HL2. I hope to map for both games.
#8 posted by Jaj
on 2004/01/02 15:08:49
Being realist, try to make a map, a deathmatch map for Quake1,Quake2 or Quake3, it's the same, but one map at least :).
Being not so realist: Make one deathmatch map for each quake.
Being utopian: Make a 3-4 sp maps episode for Quake and another for Quake2.
And i can't forget the fact that Doom3 and HL2 are almost here =)......
Ok Ok... For Real Now.
#9 posted by -
on 2004/01/02 15:21:21
first off I'll be doing the Speedmapping site. Followed by the Turtlemap. Next I need to finish the 2 q3 maps I have 75% completed. Then I finish the q1sp, which I think may be an episode, I have in progress. After that, I'll be working on getting spawnpoint made into a proper mapping site. Then... who knows... Doom3 mapping? A quick q1dm? We'll see where things take me. I'll be working hard towards making a nice portfolio of work during this year, so we'll see.
I also plan to really play alot of new games, been in a real rut of playing only Quake as a FPS, and maybe a few others for a bit. Going to finish playing some of the PS2 games I recently got, maybe I'll try some differant games. I've also been thinking of designing my own little game, but I doubt it'll come to fruitation.
1. Finish Ontranto. (I'll have an alpha test of the first two maps ready soon... once I fix that "vanishing hallway" bug.) Which means populating the next five maps, building the last, completing the boss' QC etc.
2. Try out QER editing, maybe make a playable Q2 map. You know how hard it is to make detail brushes in WC.
3. Vanilla Q1 map for Halloween.
The Eternal Waiting Will Soon End
#11 posted by inertia on 2004/01/02 17:54:37
#12 posted by Shambler
on 2004/01/02 18:06:13
* Finish more maps than I start.
That would be quite a feat....unless you're finishing old maps, that is.
P.S. I second the vote for cardorpg4, let's hope he keeps adding emotional depth to the series.
start building hex:phase 2 (certainly doable i think)
also maybe make a cool map for C&C generals/zero hour
#14 posted by MisYu on 2004/01/02 20:32:58
Finish: misdm14/15/16/17/18/19/20, missp1/2
All of them are done at some stage (25-95%) but I lack at motivation and freetime =)
#15 posted by xen
on 2004/01/02 21:11:44
Format my hardrive so I can actually map without excessive crashing :-/
#16 posted by HeadThump
on 2004/01/02 22:20:19
1) get the balls to release some maps. I'm shooting for Turtle Map, even though it begins on the same day my team plays Dallas in the Playoffs. Wish me luck, friends and fiends.
2) be nicer to critics; esp. that handsome and debonair Underworldfan and that virile and witty Shambler.
3) less sucking up.