1. Don't find this, but I'm usually speedrunning which implies everyone knows the maps really well.
2. Not really? There are a bunch of clients which all use the boring old netquake protocol, and in any other case you all just use the same client shurely?
5. Um, this is what "teamplay 1" does, right? You have to have the same pants colour to be considered on the same team.
6. Again, usually speedrunning, so if someone dies it's a restart.
7. Yeah, has to be fixed in the map though, really?
#7 "Yeah, has to be fixed in the map though, really?"
There are non-map ways ;)
Like altering the QuakeC so players can walk through only other players for the first few seconds.
You guys don't speedrun mods, but Forwards Compatible has an innovative approach to this that doesn't involve trying to make 16 spawn points for coop.
i think eschewing realism in coop can be a good thing. i had a mod where i set other players as .owner to player 1 which allows players to walk through each other. really makes things less annoying in cramped maps.
there was also this thread: http://www.celephais.net/board/view_thread.php?id=31035&start=59
that discussed various ways of making coop better.
I did warp coop without much multiplayer playtesting, and only cancelled the DM for laziness.
I did get the comment early on from non-Quakers that skinning the player as the grunt meant that they killed each other alot.
Even if the warp source is still around it wouldn't help much, but this is all stuff to be taken into account.
Possibly a funky keybind could help with point1, but I doubt Quake supports the kind of viewpos multiple script thing I'm thinking of.